Making updates to my platform and want to apply changes to all the users?

Hello, I’m currently making a lot of changes to my platform in terms of adding new default values to data types etc and i have around 20 test accounts and i would like to make a change to all of these accounts.

For example, i add a new data filed called “private account” with the values “YES/NO” then i would like to update all users datatype “ACCOUNT” with the default set value of “NO” on the “private account” data filed instead of having to do it manually. I’m sure there is a way to do this, but I can’t seem to figure it out.

Kind regards! :grin:

You can use the Bulk action in the datatab, or just trigger a backend workflow from a page.

Or, as you’re only talking about 20 database entries just use 'make changes to a list of things;.

Although, with regard to Yes/No fields, for most cases an empty value equates to the same things as No, so there’s probably no need assign No values to existing items- if they are not Yes then they will be considered as No.

(there are some exceptions to that, where an empty yes/no value will not be considered the same as No - off the top of my head I can’t remember exactly what situation that occurs in - but it might be worth testing for your own use case).

To be honest, I’d probably just use Make Changes To a List of thing for this, directly on the page - it’s the quickest and easiest way.

1 Like

Awesome thanks! Could you possibly point me to the bulk action you’re talking about, where i can read more about it for later updates?

Data tab - Bubble Docs

1 Like