Multiple Native Apps sharing same database

For on-demand meal delivery app, if I would like to have native apps from the google play store (one for the customer, one for rider, one for restaurant owner), what is the best way to setup this?

Option 1
Setup 3 different apps in bubble and build on a single index page for each app?IF this is the case, can I setup all the databases in one of the app and have the other 2 connect to the database using bubble API connector? Also to clarify the monthly fee to bubble is per-app right? which means I need to pay monthly fee x3 for this option?

Option 2
Setup 1 app, have 3 pages, and get a wrapper to wrap each page to become 3 native apps in the play store. Is this option doable? What wrapper is suitable for this?

Option 3
Setup 1 app, 1 index page. Then let users choose their role when app launch (customer/ rider/ restaurant owner), then bring them to different “Groups”. But I think there would be a huge amount of “Groups” stacking each other, is this efficient or will affect app performance?

Or is there any other better option to setup?

Thanks!

1 Like

I would use thubkable to accomplish this. Easy to add a splash/loading screen. Easy to add push notifications. Publish to both stores. Butttt it’s 25$ month for any month you want to publish. I paid for 1 month to publish to the stores and now only update the bubble app and not the wrapper. It was super easy

2 Likes

Thanks. I will checkout about Thunkable. You mean using Thunkable as front end and bubble as backend and connect them with API?

Not at all. I have built out apps in both. I liked building in bubble better but thunkable allows you to wrap your webapp, add a splash screen and other mobile native features. i think bubble allows for more comlex apps and to build them quicker too

Hi @gaurav, just discovered BDK plugins and service. May I know your opinion to setup this if I would like to explore bubble + bdk for my mobile app? Thanks!

Thanks @jared.gibb ! Any quick video tutorial that I can refer to on how to wrap webapp using Thunkable?

I feel that Thunkable is stucked in new UI vs old UI. New UI are still in beta, missing some basic things like adjust shadow property while building frontend in Old UI is pain.

Eg. If I need address search autocomplete using Google place API, I not sure if there is autofill components in Thunkable for the frontend. The backend block connecting API is flexible but steep learning curve, time spent on this is inefficient and go against the purpose of "low code/no code”.

Instead, I would prefer Adalo in building native app. Which is faster and intuitive for non coder. However one of the deadly limitation is the components are very limited at the moment and the waiting time for Adalo to update their component marketplace is too long.

While for bubble, address autocomplete with Google place API can be done in just a few clicks! Thanks to plugins marketplace where developers around the world help to make bubble sustainable in the long run.

IMO, most of us end up in bubble because we want to make an app but have zero knowledge in codings. if bubble can support native app development directly without having to crack our head on how to wrap etc, bubble is god!..

1 Like

Yes, bubble is way more flexible. Thunkable would do well to open up extensioins/plugins like bubble did, but that’s not an option for now.

I could write up how I wrapped my app but it was fairly simple. I’ll drop a link to the project here.

i also built a plugin to communicate with the wrapper. this lets me control things like a loading screen

https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/6025e9f1602ce121a88b2f1a