Need help with Drop-down part

Hi there, I am building a food app and have added a drop-down menu for users to select their type of business under a business type category, e.g. Restaurant, Milk Bar, etc. When I previewed it, the drop-down is not working. I might have done something wrong. And I’m stuck now. Can someone please help me with a snippet or whatever best of how and where to add them, please.

Thank you

Hey @bismarkaspinall, could you share a link to your editor? There are a handful of things that could cause the dropdown to not show properly, so if we could see your set up (even if it’s just a screenshot), that would help us help you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Romanmg,

Thank you so much for your reply. So sorry, I am not so good at this. I don’t know how to do a screenshot thing or do you want me to send you a link to my app? Sorry, I am just a baby here.lol

Let me know.

Thank you.

No worries at all! If you could make your app public first…open up the editor for the app, go to Settings > General > Public (everyone can edit) and then just copy the URL that’s in the address bar for the editor and paste here.

1 Like

Hi Romanng,

I bought this product from Brent of go.codefree.co and when I checked it, it was already in Public. But my dashboard is on Private. I don’t know what’s how, to be honest. What would you like me to do?

Yep that’s it.

Ok it just looks like you don’t have any Business Type data in your database yet. Add some Business Type records manually to be able to see something in the dropdown. Data > App Data > New Entry

1 Like

OK sorry, let me have a look.

Hi Romanmg,

…wow I didn’t know about this part. I looked into it and there’s box next to each name. I retyped those names into the box and it worked on the preview but I don’t see retyped names like Cafe and Restaurant in a previewed drop-down box. I guess I miss something again.

Ok, I added some records for you… look at how each record has a different value for the Type field. That’s what the dropdown is reading. It’s a list of all Business Types, and it’s displaying the list via the Type field.

1 Like

Wow thank you so much Romanng, I am going to have a look and learned what you have just done here. And I do really appreciate this from you. Thank you, Gaby. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Bismarch

Hi Romanng, can you please tell me how did you add those records in the data?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Romanmg,

Thank you so much for your direction and support. I do appreciate your time.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Bismarch

1 Like