[New Feature] Dynamic Sitemaps

This should be faster than this. If you haven’t submitted a bug report, please file one, we’ll look into this in the coming week.

Done.

Another question I have is what usually occurs when you make a change to one or more of the readable URL texts?

How long does it take to change in the sitemap?

@grace, what is the recommendation / best practice for preventing a subset of variants of a dynamic content page from appearing in the sitemap? For example, I have a page of type “Speaker” where some Speakers’ profiles are public and some are not—I control access to these profile data/pages through privacy rules and page load redirects to prevent unauthorized users from seeing the content of such Speakers. However, I can still see the dynamically generated pages for non-public Speakers in my sitemap.xml, and I can see in my Google Search Console that these pages are being discovered/crawled.

Does anyone else have this problem? How have you handled it?

Privacy rules and “find this in searches” is the way to handle this.

1 Like

Calm down on Sunday :grin:

Hi @grace

I found that my sitemap isn’t automatically updated (I already waited more than 24 hours).

The first 2 posts were deleted (as per screenshot below) however they are still being included, whereas new ones are not.

this is the sitemap for the dynamic page showing the posts.
https://www.amhired.com/sitemap-jobpost.xml

1. Is there anyway I can update the sitemap manually? so that old posts are removed and new posts are included.

2. I noticed that deleted posts will still load as blank page instead of going to 404 automatically, now my work around is using workflow to forward user from the blank page to 404, could you tell me if Google will treat the deleted page as 404 using this work around?

If not, what is the best practice?

Thank you in Advance.

1 Like

Was this ever fixed? I just ran into the same issue with the “loc” tags

There are currently no outstanding bugs relating to this feature, so if you’re seeing one, please file a bug report!

Nvm, figured it out. The way the loc tags show up is correct. Thanks!

Hi, anyone is having issues with the sitemap update ?

I have just deployed my app to live and I had a couple of public pages with “user” as content type (my mistake). In Google Search the sitemap was processed and of course it listed over a thousand URL for each of those pages.

So I canceled the content type of those pages and deployed to live the app. After more than 24 hours Google Search is still showing the thousands urls. Maybe it’s just a matter of waiting more.

But what I do not understand is why I still see the same long lists with all the users unique id if I just run the sitemap.xml in my browser. The page is now not associated with any custom type content. So I think that is Bubble that has not updated the sitemap yet.

How can this happens after many hours that the app has been deployed to live ? Thanks

1 Like

Did you ever figure this out? Seems my sitemaps don’t seem to update with new posts or deleted ones. Would be nice to have a force refresh/fetch.

Is there a limit to 50,000 entries for this sitemap to run?

I have 263000+ but the sitemap only contains 50,000 entries it seems according to Google.

Would also love to know if there is a solution to this as I have the same problem.

The only way I could do it was to make a manual sitemap. Bubble basically told me to go away.

That’s very disappointing…thanks for the help and let’s hope they fix this ASAP as it is very inconvenient.

@bubbleteam @emmanuel any chance we can edit this feature to have bubble create dynamic sitemaps when the data type includes a list of over 50,000 records/pages?

" All formats limit a single sitemap to 50MB (uncompressed) and 50,000 URLs. If you have a larger file or more URLs, you will have to break your list into multiple sitemaps. You can optionally create a sitemap index file (a file that points to a list of sitemaps) and submit that single index file to Google."

Hello everybody.

With each new update to your app, you need to Deploy to the Live version and check your sitemap for changes. To track your changes, just go to https://your_app_name.bubbleapps.io/version-test/sitemap.xml and https://your_app_name.bubbleapps.io/version-test/robots.txt during the development version and just go to https://your_app_name.bubbleapps.io/version-test/robots.txt remove version-test/ from the two links and check how your Live version is currently.

Every change in your tree in the test version is automatically changed. To be available in the Live version, it is mandatory to perform a new Deployment.

I hope I contributed.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

If I understand this correctly, if a page is included in the “pages to add to the sitemap file” in "SE0/metatags in settings AND the page’s Type of Content is selected to a datatype, for example: “Blog_Post”, with the slug, the sitemap should generate each of the blog posts data objects into the sitemap dynamically?

This may be explained above and my fault for not looking extensively, however, this forum post shows the dynamic content is in the sitemap, accessed by domain/sitemap-pagename.xml