Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

New Free Plugin: Browser Timezone and Locale

Hi, the plugin is returning just a lang code, not the whole locale (like fr instead of fr_fr)

Just published Browser Timezone and Locale v 1.2.0. This version adds 2 new outputs which give the browser’s current timezone offset in hours and minutes:

Runtime:

As a reminder, I work for tips. You can tip me here:

2 Likes

@keith,
This is great, thanks for adding it! Quick question: Are all offset values supposed to be positive?

Example: I’m in the “America/New_York (-4)” time zone and it’s returning “4” for the offset (hours) value.

Is there not a note about this in the plugin interface? Anyway, from the docs for getTimezoneOffset:

The time-zone offset is the difference, in minutes, from local time to UTC.

Note that this means that the offset is positive if the local timezone is behind UTC, and negative if it is ahead. For example, for time zone UTC+10:00 (Australian Eastern Standard Time, Vladivostok Time, Chamorro Standard Time), -600 will be returned.

Heh, yeah it’s probably in there, but it might have been cut off in the editor:

Thanks for the clarification!

Oh, well that’s annoying, isn’t it? I didn’t notice that happening in my own tests. Will look into that.

But glad the clarification helped!

1 Like

Hi, I have just noticed that the browser locale does not return any data. Anybody else experiencing this issue ? Thanks