[New Free Plugin] Daily Video Chat

Hi, Bubblers!

I just finished up a new free plugin to add Daily Video calls to your bubble app. It integrates with the daily video and audio api and you can create, update and join video call rooms, choose between a few different video call styles (top-right, bottom, full-screen/center) and create webinars.

The demo editor is here, and the plugin page with instructions is here.

Let me know if you have any feedback, comments, or suggestions! Happy to help anyone with it or add requests to the plugin!

25 Likes

:+1: :star_struck: This looks like what I was looking for! It looks good! I want to make an interface where other users will see the rooms and participants. Can I implement this with your plugin? Can you tell me how to bring the participants of the conversation to the dashboard?

1 Like

Hello! Thanks for the comments. You can list all rooms with the plugin, you can’t currently access the participant data through the plugin in bubble, but I can update the plugin so that you can!

I’ll have that done by tomorrow and let you know when it’s live!

Lola

3 Likes

That would be awesome! :clap:

Hi!

I pushed an upgrade to the plugin to enable you to access meeting information (i.e., the current room duration, a list of participants, and a list of rooms.) You’ll have access to both meeting sessions that are currently live (ongoing = yes), and one’s that have finished.

In terms of setting up where you would like to display the data, you can put it in a repeating group and to select meeting information data as the data type. For your case, you’ll want filter the data by ongoing = yes to see rooms with participants in them. Here’s a screenshot example of that.

If you’d like it to fetch updated room information ever so often (not just on page refresh), you can add a do every x seconds workflow and display the data in the repeating group. You’ll want to set the refresh parameter to the current date/time. I have an example of that setup in this demo editor, if that helps!

Happy to help if you run into any issues or need help figuring out how to display the data. Feel free to drop me a message.!

2 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap: :star_struck:
That’s great! Thank you very much! I have studied your company and I really like your approach. I am creating a professional network service and I want to use many of the features that you are talking about on your site. I hope we will have a great cooperation! You’re cool, thank you again!

1 Like

@lola Can you use the bubble button to control the exit from the room

1 Like

@lola Because in the room style “center” state, I can’t see anything except “Daily”. However, I want to trigger some workflow when I exit “Daily”. If it can be realized, I will thank you very much

1 Like

@lola

I tested using the demo editor and setup a room. Shared the link and using an iPhone 5 was unable to accessing the room. Only the page and the ‘popup’ showed with the popup loader flashing. Kept it open for about 5 minutes before determining it doesn’t work on the iPhone 5.

Have you tested this with mobile devices and experienced issues? I’ve been looking for a video chat function that works on iOS devices but none have so far.

1 Like

Hi @boston85719 I just tried it on an iPhone X and was able to get into the room. It should still work on mobile. I can follow up to see if there’s anything to note about some of the earlier ios devices.

1 Like

Hi @saito there is a bubble leave room action that comes with the plugin but if you are in full screen you won’t be able to see it. I can look at some other options, I might be able to expose leaving a room as a state that you can access for your other workflows!

If you can wrap that library action in a function, you can share that function between any element or action! You got this!!

1 Like

If it can be realized, it’s really great! Thank you very much!

Thank you very much for this great plugin!

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words! Let me know if there’s anything you’d like from the plugin or if I can be helpful.

Hello @lola

You did an amazing job with this plugin !

A suggestion which I think can be useful for everyone using your plugin is the ability for the owner’ room to mute each participant.
No more background sound into a conference :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Hi @newman thanks for the feedback! You can actually do that currently in the plugin. All you’ll need to do use the create a meeting token action and then make sure the owner joins with that token when they get into a room.

Here are screenshots of how that all looks exactly:

Then when you’re in a room as the owner you can hover over a participant to mute their audio or turn off their video

Let me know if that helps!

@lola Perfect !

Thank you for your detailed answer I will implement it soon.

Do I still have a chance to experience this feature?

Do I still have a chance to experience this feature? :sweat_smile: