[New plugin] Fully Customizable Table / Grid

Hi @ Thimo

I can’t get an image show in data from popup using display data. The image loads when I click on Image cell but not if I click on Name cell.

I’m trying to create a list of users. When I click on the cell that users data is loaded like email, name, and their image. Everything loads fine and works great except image cell. That only works when I click on the image cell. Oddly, once I click on the image cell and then click on Name cell the image will show. But not until I click on image cell. I hope this makes sense.

@Thimo

Great plugin–really enjoying it. Wanted to send a potential bug your way (or perhaps it is my fault). When I uncheck the "show click cursor on row" option on the backend, the click cursor still shows when I hover over rows on the front end.

Is there another way to disable this? I think users might be confused by seeing a click cursor, even though the row isn’t intended to be clickable.

Thanks!

It is not (yet) possible to search between dates. I have looked into it and it seems that this is not supported by the library. Once this get added to the library I can definitely look into adding it to the plugin!

That is odd. Clicking a specific cell in a row should return the same ID as for all the other cells. Could you check if you are not accidentally using the cell data for the display data feature. You can look at the editor of the demo page to see an example of how to use the ID data as a data source for a popup.

I will look into this to see if I can push a fix to make this work as expected again :slight_smile:

@Thimo,

Yep, that was it. My mistake. It’s working fine now. THANK YOU.

Thanks a lot, @Thimo . In that case, how could I display the number of items in the list?
The table contains a list of type Plans. Every Plan data type has a field Trainingplans which is a list as well. I would like to display the number of Trainingplans in one of the columns of the table (see also screenshot below). What must column 3 field be in this case?

@fabian.gautschi

You can get a count of a nested list using the calculation example on the demo page. I have created a new demo for you directly for this use-case: Pluginpreview | Bubble Editor :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot. Excellent support :slight_smile: ! Using your demo, I could replicate it for my case :+1:

Is it possible to add support for JS rendering of objects (“toString”)?

My use case is that I need to display nested objects, as strings. Suppose I have a Thing with a nested list of Things. Right now, I search for Thing and pick the field which has the nested list. I get:

“[object Object]” being the default toString output for a JS object, of course.

It’s be great to be able to define a custom toString function that gets the object and returns the string I want to display, e.g.:

toString(obj) {
    return obj.someList.map(_ => _.Name).join(', ')
}

Hi @mtdewulf,

Nested list of objects are not supported at the moment. Nested list of texts are, which you can find an example of on the demo page. I will look into if I can add a feature like this in a future update for you! :slight_smile:

@Thimo: I’m getting this message when I change the data source for a column based on a condition. The column is currently formatted as a percentage:

The plugin Table / Grid / element Table / grid threw the following error:
anonymous
https://dhtiece9044ep.cloudfront.net/package/run_debug_js/798ad10090749e57e8a9e54bc1369befddeee31c0eea87630dd41d782c8f041d/xfalse/x12:6:1908729 (please report this to the plugin author)

Any chance you can help with this?

Thanks.

This appears to happen when I have an condition on the data sources that I use in the table.

@benedict Not sure what goes wrong here, I will send you an PM so we can take a better look! :slight_smile:

Hi Thimo,
How with added column action can we add html/BBCode decorators to the displayed data? (the add column action seems to be missing html/BBCode)

Or am I missing something?

Cheers
Lindsay

@lindsay_knowcode

This feature was not yet available when using the append column workflow action, but I just pushed an update (2.15.0) that should make this possible! :slight_smile: Don’t forget to refresh the editor to see the newly added field.

1 Like

Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hi @Thimo

Is it possible to add a button (or text link) in the cell that opens a workflow for the clicked cell user info with conditionals?

Right now I have a repeating group with a “Button1” that loads a popup with that users information. However, the button is disabled and “Button1” text changes to “not phone on file” when users cell phone is blank in the database

I’d second that requirement to have lists of objects.

Update 2.16.0

1 - Added the option to add checkboxes to the table!

2 - Added the ‘Selected checkbox row index (list)’ state & ‘Selected checkbox ID (list)’ state

3 - Added the ’Clicked index’ state to retrieve the index value of the clicked row

Don’t forget to refresh your editor after upgrading

2 Likes

Nice work!

1 Like

@Thimo I’d echo the request to be able to deal with a list of objects.

I’m not a plugin expert, but it seems that adding a “sub-field” option when a list of objects is selected might be a neat way to tackle this.

In the example below, each user has a number of roles, and I’d like to be able to display the “name” field of each role. I currently do not have this option, or the “…role’s name” option from the field dropdown. This leaves me with creating a text field in the user table for storing a list of role names as text.

Still, thanks for the awesome plugin!

Adding a field dynamically for a second list of things is, as far as I know, unfortunately not possible for me to add using the Bubble plugin editor. But, in most cases you could use the technique used in the demo for the ‘Nested thing example’ column (column 4) for nested data:

Demo editor: Pluginpreview | Bubble Editor

Hopefully this helps in your case! :slight_smile: