Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

[NEW PLUGIN] - @MentionInput - Enable users to mention each other on any input

Hi Bubblers !
I’m happy to announce my latest plugin @MentionInput!
This plugin allows you to enable users to use “@” sign to mention a user or another thing with a dropdown menu inside any input.

Useful for chat, comment section, email writing etc.

Check it out :slight_smile:

Demo page
Plugin page

How to use:

Make your app look and feel more like Twitter, Facebook and other tech giants!

7 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

Thank you !

Great stuff @joao1997domingues !

1 Like

Thank you ! :slight_smile:

Thanks! It would be really nice if there also were some basic style possibilities. Some examples:

• once I tag someone the “@username” should be more visible (make it bold, change color)
  • also it would be nice to give some basic style changes to the dropdown (border styles, bg, maybe even use profile pictures)

No critique just some thought that could help you make it better & also get more clients.

I will also buy if you implement some of these. :+1:

1 Like

Hi @liveinacircle2020 !
That’s kind of tricky to implement because the objective of the plugin is to be able to use it inside Bubble’s default inputs but I’ll definitely look at this and I’ll get back to you :wink:

Thanks for the feedback !

2 Likes

Implementing that yourself wont be hard. Just add conditional formatting in your editor/data display.

When input’s value is “do a search for user usernames” then Go bold.

I think that way it does not work - because once I write more than just the username - the search returns a “no” and the condition will not be activated. Also you want to submit the input afterwards (however maybe it is also possible to do in text…). But thanks for the idea I am going to try around a little bit.

1 Like

You are right, it won’t work…
But I’m working on this! I’ll have news very soon :smiley:

1 Like