Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

[New Plugin] Simple Mobile Camera Input

Hi! I have just released a new plugin to capture still images from your mobile device camera and upload them to your app.

This plugin makes it easy to grab a user photo without any complicated setting, just a single workflow action “Grab Image” and a single event “Mobile Camera image is ready”.

The plugin website with live demo can be found here:

While here you can find an example of how to use it:

Finally, you can find the plugin here:

Feel free to let me know how you would like to improve it by leaving a review or sending an email at [email protected]

6 Likes

Here it is a demo GIF :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice! This avoids the user pulling an image from the phone’s gallery and just takes him/her directly to the camera.

This will be super useful for my app. Will give it a try soon :+1:

2 Likes

Glad to hear it!
If you need some help, I am happy to give you a hand :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks to @lutahara I’ve discovered that to use this plugin together with “Image Metadata” plugin you need to simply remove the “https:” part from the image_url property of my plugin before passing it to the Image Metadata’s API.

To do so, you can do in several ways, the way I use is by using the find & replace action on the image_url property:

1 Like

Hello Carlos. Did you try this plugin yet? I just tried it and found out that it can not prevent users from uploading their old images in the phone’s gallery…
Any idea about that? I really do not want my app’s users to upload their old images but only those immediately taken by them from Camera Input. Thanks

I actually never came around to use the plugin as I did not add that functionality to the app at the time.

1 Like