[New Plugin Updates] Drawing & Painting Canvas

Hi @alex_m - thanks for reaching out. I’ll take a look at the issue you’re reporting and keep you posted. Have a great rest of your weekend!

Alex

@alex4 Found that it can work by saving and reloading the drawing serialization straight after in the same workflow, not ideal but perfectly usable, cheers

@alex_m thanks for the heads up. I’ll take a look at the issue anyway to fix it to work as expected.

Have a great week!

Hi Alex, i’m looking for something like this. https://www.trainingcenter.be/online-tekentool

Hi @alex4, does this tool allow multiple people to collaborate on one board at the same time?

Hi @testpass227 thanks for reaching out and apologies for the slower reply.

You should be able to set it up with Bubble workflows to enable collaboration, although I haven’t done it myself, this is how I’d approach it:

1. When the canvas is modified, generate a serialized canvas (it’s a workflow action under the plugin element)

2. Once the serialized canvas has been generated (it’s an event on your workflow tab), save it to the database somewhere (the field type of where this is saved should be text)

3. Create an event using Bubble’s Database change trigger on the workflow tab. Under this event, load the serialized canvas (from step 2) onto the canvas. You might need to set up some conditions so that if Page A made the change, you don’t reload the canvas on Page A, only Page B or Page C, which are listening for changes.

Let me know if I can help in any other way!
Alex

2 Likes

Thanks for your advice, @alex4.
Sorry, I can’t understand this way

I don’t think it is possible to access this canvus in the backend workflow.
I’ve tried it in various ways, but can’t figure it out. I would be very grateful if you describe in more detail how to do it. :pray:

Regards :heart:

Hi @testpass227 – thanks for the follow up. Apologies for the slower response.

Hmm I was not aware that the database change trigger is only available as a backend workflow. Another approach could be to check for a “changed by” (type: list of users) field using a “do every 0.5 seconds” event on the workflow tab. If the user on the page isn’t the user in the “changed by” list, you can update the canvas. Again, you will need to set it up with some conditions so that if Page A made the change, you don’t reload the canvas on Page A, only Page B or Page C, which are listening for changes.

Thank You Alex for the update. The plugin works amazing now. I would like to ask again about the possibility to delete elements (the selection work perfectly, but also would be amazing to be able to delete what is in plus). Is there a new update, maybe I have the old version. Also, I am searching to add on my website the possibility to create custom picture frames (just as an idea to make my product more customer oriented). Will there be such a possibility, or could someone suggest me how could I solve this?

Hi @runningman, thanks for reaching out and happy to hear you enjoy using the plugin!

1. Could you elaborate on the request to delete elements? Currently, you can already do so. There is a workflow action that allows you to delete selected elements. (You can always update the plugin version by going to the plugin tab in the Bubble editor, navigate to the plugin, and select the latest version. You’ll need to refresh your page for some of the new features to come up on your Bubble editor).
  2. You should be able to create something like the custom picture frames example. To do so, you’d add an image or shape to create the picture frame border and use a workflow action to add the image inside of it.

Hope that’s helpful and looking forward to your response!
Alex

Hi Alex!

I just installed the plugin because it sounds really great for what we want to do!
However, I can’t get it to work - is it possible that some things got mixed up with the last updates?
Could you please explain the set-up process with screenshots?

I’m trying to follow these steps, but when I open the links they are empty, and when I try to copy the group with the workflows, it only copies some of the workflows but not all … i’m confused.

Thx!

Hello, I’m building a platform to create Moobdboards using your plugin (https://itzmood.com/version-test/moodboard?debug_mode=true).

While it has a lot of really useful features for my needs what I’m missing the most which is essential for me is the ability to get the selected image and use it in a workflow.

In particular I would need to implement two features.

#1 - When I add a product to the canvas I add it to a list of products that you can see below the canvas itself. Whenever I remove one of those products from the canvas (by deleting the image) I would need to remove it from the list aswell. The problem is the plugin has functions to start a workflow on the selected image but not to simply get the image itself.

#2 - I’ve created a Workflow that, using API, gets an image as input and returns the same image but without the background as output. I would need to be able to call this workflow on the selected image inside the Canvas so that I could then replace the image with the one without background.

Basically, being able to recognize and get the selected image would solve both my issues. Is there any way I can do this? Even using some sort of work-around maybe.

Besides from this two more questions:

• Whenever I download a Canvas as PNG it gets downloaded without extension (e.g. “download”). If I then rename the file to add the extension manually (e.g. “download.jpeg”) I can see the image correctly. Is there any way to fix this?
  • Is there any way to flip an image (either horizontally or vertically) that is already on the canvas? Is it a feature on the roadmap maybe?
1 Like

Hi @zeta1119 — thanks for reaching out!

The instructions may be out of date. I’ll take a look and get back to you by the end of the week.

Cheers,
Alex

Is it possible to disable this? I am having problems with the text element when using the backspace button, it deletes the text element.

Hi Alex,

Did you manage to look at it? We’re kinda stuck here …

Thx!

Hi @balle.emil – sure, I’ll add this to my backlog and let you know when it’s ready!

Alex
TechBlocks

Hi @zeta1119 – yep, I looked at it, there seems to be some strange way Bubble is handling the links when they are set up with BB code on my documentation page. I’ve updated the page by adding the plain text links so you can copy them directly from the instructions tab and paste them in your browser. It should work now but let me know if you spot any other issues!

Alex

Great, thank you!! The links are working now.
Is it normal though that I get >40 issues to fix (a lot of missing elements etc.)?
Also the colour fields are deleted reusable elements:

Cheers!

Hi @balle.emil – I just pushed an update that should fix your issue.

Now, when a user presses “backspace” while the text element is focused in editing mode, it should not delete the text element.

Once you upgrade the plugin to the latest version it should work property. Let me know if you notice otherwise!

1 Like

@zeta1119 hmm… did you complete this step properly?

(2) Copy this other reusable element for the color picker and paste it into any page in your app: https://bubble.io/page?type=custom&name=Color%20Picker%202&version=test&id=pluginsbyalex&tab=tabs-1

It looks like your screenshot is missing that colorpicker reusable element.

Alex