[NEW PLUGUN] RG Lightbox

Hey @vasanbo, another bug I’ve found.

When enabling your plugin using only images as the clickable area, the rest of the RG is not accessible. By that, I mean that you can’t click on links, you can’t select text, you pretty much can’t do anything with the rest of the RG. Hover actions on links don’t even trigger.

Any chance we can get a fix for that?

BTW, my users are SUPER happy w/ the new plugin.

Cheers!
Al

From the beginning, it was assumed that the repeating group will display text information and an image when clicked on which a lightbox opens. But in the lightbox, in addition to the image, there are three text blocks: title, description 1 and description 2. Moreover, description 2 can appear as a link. And in lightbox, you can highlight and copy text information. That is, there was no implication of any actions in the repeating group, near the opening of the lightbox.

But I liked your offer. I have reworked and changed the plugin code. Presumably it will look like this demo page:

https://plugin-preview.bubbleapps.io/version-test/test_lightbox/Lorem%20ipsum…?debug_mode=true

I will check that there are no errors and in a couple of days I will publish a new version of the plugin.
Have a nice day.

Hey @vasanbo, that would probably do the trick!

I understand the original purpose, and it’s awesome. So you know, I’m using the plugin for something very different than a gallery. It’s a long-form written text with images in some of the RG cells.

Appreciate all the updates, it’s a very strong plugin and I think serves even more use cases now!

A new version has been added. (version 1.2.0)
Now the lightbox opens by clicking on the image, and the rest fields of the repeating group (text fields and links) are used as usual.

Limitations:
the lightbox will display:

• one image
  • three text fields (title, description_1 and description_2)
    (description_2 can also be a link)
1 Like

Hello @vasanbo,

This plugin is fantastic, the best plugin for image gallery, for sure.

I have one question. Does the Start action need to be called at page loaded time? I have a RG which is hidden when the page is loaded, as a consequence the RG light ox element is also hidden, and the Start action has not effect when I click on a RG item.

I tried to put the RG light ox element at the very top of the page, in order to get it always visible, but the issue is that all my page elements shifted to the bottom (the shift heigh is the Rqg height…)

Is there any option that would allow to use the plugin with a RG hidden at page load?

Many thanks, and congrats again for this brilliant plugin

Hello!
Try to use instead of “When Page is loaded”, this condition is “When Do when Current page scrolling position”> than some specific value.

1 Like

Hi @MindForApps,

Not so easy, because I guess the condition should be “when the repeating group / the RG light ox element is visible” but I can’t get it to work…

So you confirm that to get the plugin working, both the element and the RG must be visible when the Start action is called?

The point is that the plugin takes data from the loaded repeating group. That is, if the repeating group is not loaded, then there is still no data in it, and if we try to run the plugin, it will not receive any input data.
This means that the plugin should be launched only after loading the repeating group.

1 Like

Thanks for this valuable feedback @MindForApps. I was pretty sure I had to load it BEFORE the RG, but in this case, if it’s the RG first, than it’s good for me. I gonna try by the day!

A conditional workflow Do When with RG nb items > 0 and RG is not loading should to the trick

Hey @MindForApps

Unfortunately, this solution does not work …

The RG Lightbox element should have a “reset” action. Indeed, after the first start, the element correctly displays all images it has to display. But if the number of images in the RG decrease for some reason, the plugin will not completely reset the list of images. Example :

• First load of the RG with 1 image : ok, the plugin correctly shows this image
  • Second load with 3 images : ok, the plugin correctl shows the 3 images
  • Third load with 1 image : FAILED, the plugin show this image at the irst position, but then displays the images #2 and #3 of the previous load of the RG

So yes, we do need a reset action for this plugin to work correctly with a dynamic RG.

Is that something you could implement soon ? I initially planned to launch a ne feature in my app using the plugin by the day today, but I can’t and have to postpone or change the plugin but I paid for this one…

Many thanks for your feedback !

Hello!
So we have improved the plugin.
But we decided not to add a separate reset action, but built this function inside. Now the plugin is trying to track changes in the database itself and connect them.
We tested how it all works and did not notice any errors. But as often happens when you fix old bugs and add new functions, you can add new bugs with them.
Update the plugin (version 1.4.0) and report how it works for you.
Have a nice day.
Thank you.

1 Like

Guys …

The plugin is not trying to track changes in the database itself and connect them… The plugin IS TRACKING CHANGES in the database and connect them !

Awesome ! You’ve been so fast to get this plugin enhanced !

Now it’s perfectly working with dynamic images RG, and really reactive and fast to display the images, it’s impressive ! It works like a charm, even if I quickly change the source of the RG, and so the images. PERFECT !

To all, believe me, it’s really the BEST lightbox plugin ! So nice and easy to setup ! Love it !

Many thanks @MindForApps and congrats !

Your support has been very appreciated :+1:t2:

1 Like

“Open lightbox by clicking on image only” doesn’t work.

Doesn’t work

How to combine your lightbox and slider feature?

Oh, sorry, this is a rudiment from the previous version. Just forgot to delete. Now the lightbox opens, as expected, only by clicking on the image.
This will be removed in the next update.

Unfortunately, the lightbox cannot be combined with the slider. In this lightbox, images are changed by clicking on the image itself or clicking on the image thumbnail. Everything is exactly as shown on the demo page.

Hey @vasanbo! Been a while since we chatted in this thread.

Still using this product and love it. Building another application with it (very similar to before), but am experiencing a weird quirk.

Same as before, I have a RG. The layout is Column. Within in the RG are things like title, body, and then image (if one exists for this RG). The image is the last thing in the order.

When I insert the 00-LC-Lightbox-RG, it causes the image in the RG to default to the TOP (not the bottom per the column-based layout setting).

How it’s supposed to look:

How it looks the when I plug in the element:

The lightbox part of it works flawlessly, it’s just for some reason moving the image to the top of the column-layout RG. This is using the new responsive engine, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Appreciate any help!
Al

Hey!

It’s great that you like our plugin and keep using it.

Thanks for reporting the problem.
Yes, you’re right, this is affected by the new responsive design.
We fixed the issue and now everything should work as it should.

Please update the plugin to version 1.4.2

Thank you.

Good luck.

Thanks @vasanbo, works like a charm.

For those reading in the future, after upgrading the plugin I needed to remove and re-add the element into the page for the fix to take place.

Hey @vasanbo, sorry to take this back but the fix isn’t sticking.

I remove the lightbox element from the page, re-add it. Refresh my page and it works. But just for a while. Somewhere along the way it resets and starts causing the same problem.

Thoughts?
Al