Password management

Hi all,

I am trying to understand how “Create an account for someone else” and “Assign a temp password to a user” work, but I can’t.

1. If I run “Create an account for someone else” on an admin page, what is the password created ? How the user can define one (he cannot login because he does not have a password).

2. To solve that problem, I run “Assign a temp password to a user”. It works, the user can login. But as soon as he is login, no matter the button he clicks, he is redirected to the page “reset a password”. And on that page, it is impossible to change the password. I think it is a problem of token, but how to generate one at this step for the user ?

Thanks for your help,

Baptiste

We use this in our app, and it works fine. Can you share a link to the editor so we can see how you have it set up? There’s probably a setting or workflow error somewhere in there that prevents it from working properly.

Thank for your reply.

Look at that page : https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=index&id=test-html-element&tab=tabs-1

If you click on create an account, it will create one and assign a temp password. You can login with the temp password.

Click then on “Go the an other page”, it will redirect you to reset_pwd page (instead of the page “test”), and it is impossible to change the password …

Thanks

Ok, here’s what was happening…

You were using the “reset password” event instead of the “update user credentials” event. That was, in a nutshell, what was holding you up. You also didn’t have any behaviors happening that actually made it appear to the user that something happened, so I added some things (like hiding the login popup when login is successful, for example.)

Lemme know if you have questions!

2 Likes

All right, got it !

Reset password is the default action in the page “reset_pw”, that’s why I did not change it.

If I undersand well, “Reset password” need a token, but “update user credentials” don’ ?

Thank you very much for your help,

Baptiste