Phone Number Input with Formatting - New Plugin from Zeroqode

@ZeroqodeSupport
Can you please add an output for the formatted number as it appears on the display? This will be very helpful when the number that was entered needs to be used other displays or plugins. For instance:

• PDF creation - enter the value into the text field with formatting to improve readability.
  • Normal Text field where its for display only (not editing) again for readability.
    etc…

Since you are doing all the work to perform the formatting already it should be simple to add this to another output, which would allow a formatted number to the saved off in another field used as mentioned above. These would be instances where the plugin cannot be used to re-format the raw number for display.

If there is this functionality already, please let me know how to set this up. At the moment I only see it saving the number as +[country code][local phone number] rather than the formatted +1(469)-555-5555, for instance.

Hello @avr,
Thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to add the requested feature due to the restrictions in the library our plugin uses. Apologies for not being able to help. :pray:t2:

If there are any other plugin-related questions that we can help with, please let us know.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

That seems a little hard to believe considering the control you have already. Ultimately, this will cause me to move to another formatter which allows me to save off the formatted number or just create my own. I would much rather prefer supporting Zerocode but left with no choice, not much I else I can do.

Hi @avr,

Sorry if our plugin didn’t meet your initial expectations, we understand the inconveniences related to that. :pray:t2:

We always try to improve our plugins according to the expectations of our users. However, due to the limitations of the plugin library, we are not able to implement all the requested features to our plugins for all the user cases, unfortunately.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else about the plugin.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

There is an issue with the latest update. Sometimes it does not recognise the correctness of a phone number. Can you please check? Version 1.38.0 its ok

Hello @cm1,
Thank you for reaching out!

Unfortunately, we couldn’t reproduce this issue on our side. Can you please provide a screen recording of the issue and additional details on how to reproduce it? This information will help us fix the problem as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your reply. :pray:t2:

Best regards ,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi, I think we have an issue with the last update released. Whenever I load the preview of my web the console debugger is launched, I think due to the some code you included in the plugin

Can you please take a look at this and confirm whether there is something to do from my side?

Thank you in advance

@levon I got the plugin for my app and I love it, I was wondering if it’s possible to adjust the drop down width?

Hello, @palspanglish
Thanks for your question.

Sure! You can manually change the width of the dropdown by dragging the points to the size you want:

For Height you can use the special field:

Hope it will be helpful for you.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello, @rentquota
Thanks for reaching out.

Indeed, it is a minor issue on our side. Currently, we pushed the plugin’s update and fixed version will be deployed ASAP.
We will revert with an update at the nearest time.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello, @rentquota

By this message, I would like to note that you can upgrade the plugin to the latest version ( Version: 1.41.0. ) and give it a try once again.
Hope it will be helpful for you.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Hi! I’m having trouble using auto-binding. I put the input in a card popup and when I open an item that already has the phone, it works normally. When I open one that doesn’t have the phone number, the input shows the phone number of the previous item, when it should show empty.
I can’t use the reset, because the field is born invisible and gives an error.
Do you have an estimated fix?

Hello, @maiconpradodesa
Thanks for your question.

It seems like your issue is related to the fact that the input is not reset for each separate pop-up.
Thus, can you please share with us the screenshots of 2 pop-ups, where in one you have the phone number, and in another one this input is blank?

We will replicate your case and will define the root cause.

We are looking to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello, @rentquota

We need to point out that in this thread, we are discussing this plugin Phone Number Input with Formatting Plugin for Bubble | Plugin for Bubble by Zeroqode

It seems like you posted here request regarding another plugin (also created by ZQ).
Can you please post your request in another thread?

Thanks for your understanding.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

I already managed to solve it. It was a problem on my part.
However, I noticed something relevant: when I delete the phone from the field, and it has the save activated, it does not save the empty field in the database. Because if I want to delete a phone, I can’t.

Hello, @maiconpradodesa
Happy to hear that you were able to solve some issues by yourself.

In order to completely replicate your use case and make sure that there is no bug in the plugin’s code, can you please share the screenshots of your current settings for the “PhoneNumberInput” element?
This will speed up the process considerably.

We are looking to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Sorry, but I am still experiencing this problem. It always appear whenever I have the console (F12) open, testing responsive, etc.

Hello @rentquota

Thanks for reaching out

Would you mind describing your issue in more detail? Is the debugger text in the console affect the work of your application, and are you getting any errors?

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Whenever I am testing the app the debug tool (chrome’s debug, not bubble’s) is open and I must resume the script (blue arrow) in order to allow it continue the next steps and actions, and thus continue testing the app.

I think it might happen only when the console is open (not if not) so it happens whenever I want to test responsiveness. Also, I think that I could configure the debugger not to stop even though your code, so that would partially solve the problem, but I assume that the ideal would be that that code was not released in any public version. Not sure whether there will be other user cases when it is open, or many users with the console open, but I would not like this to happen to them, in any way.

Besides, it does happen in TEST and LIVE version.

Thanks for your patience @rentquota

We have fixed the issue with “debugger” being in the console, please update to Version: 1.43.0.

Please let us know if everything works well now :slight_smile:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team