Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Plugin editor - help with controlling Fields

I am currently building out a new chart plugin that utilises the amCharts library. The plugin will allow Bubblers to control a fairly large number of variables around each chart.

One bi-product of this (hopefully useful) functionality is that it generates a very long list of fields within the Property Editor. Many of the out-of-the-box plugins from Bubble include have some useful characteristics to stop fields becoming overwhelming in the Property Editor - for example: a check-box will open out or close a set of fields.

I have also noted some simple formatting in the Property Editor for those plugins - like sections with line divides.

Has anyone been able to integrate this type of functionality into their plugins yet? Or have any ideas how I might?

Thanks.

3 Likes

Can’t help with the plugin configuration, but I am really looking forward to the finished product!!

2 Likes

Its not exposed functionality at the moment. If you can ask Emmanuel for it, as I have, hopefully he’ll consider it and put it in soon.

I have the same issue with my plugins, I’ve tried to group them by naming clearly.

1 Like

Thanks both :slight_smile:

[email protected] wondered what your thoughts were on this… Although I am keeping my fields nice and organised, the Property Editor is about to tip into unwieldy.

The ideal for me would be to emulate the functionality of out-of-the-box plugins where one property / field could trigger the reveal of a bunch of others. Line breaks and section titles would also be great!

Thanks

@emmanuel I agree with @edwardbutcher, these would be great improvements.

While we are on this… let me just add that the ability to insert fields ‘in line’ within the Plugin Editor… i.e. not always at the bottom of the list… would be pretty game changing! Any change to the list currently and I have to recreate ALL of the fields.

Thanks!