Plugin seems to not be updating JS in test app instantly

I am working on JS for an action inside a plugin but it doesn’t appear to update in my test app very quickly, though field names and things visible in the editor do seem to instantly update. My workflow for testing was to have no editor or app windows open then to launch the editor from the plugin and to lauch the app from the editior. I have worked through this but wondered if there was something I could do to make sure that I am always running the most current code in my test app. I was able to confirm this by calling alerts in my action and then verifying they did not start to work for quite a while. Eventually I just changed a bunch of things in the plugin (not the actual code I was working on I added actions with named alerts to put in my test workflow to make sure they were executing and adding alerts after every line in the plugin to see if it stopped somewhere) and then everything updated all at once. Is this something that my browser would have cached or was it some latency in Bubble?

From my experience:

• Change some of the javascript.
  • Wait for “saved” on the plugin editor.
  • Move the plugin element position, or alter one of the properties (fields).
  • Wait for “saved” on the app editor.
  • Refresh the app runtime.

For other changes to the plugin, like adding or altering a field, need to refresh the app editor to pick it up, and possibly also moving the plugin a bit.

Sounds like you have experienced the same things that I did. I guess for now I will keep keep an alert in my JS and update what it displays as I change things.

Hi,

Did anyone get this figure out I am having the exact same issue, the plugin takes around 2 days to update!

I tried:

I am also having the same issue.I tried the steps mentioned but it still does not work! Anyone have anymore ideas?

I tried:
Change some of the javascript.
Wait for “saved” on the plugin editor.
Move the plugin element position, or alter one of the properties (fields).
Wait for “saved” on the app editor.
Refresh the app runtime.

I haven’t messed with this for a while but I had pretty good luck with moving the element position, I highly suggest inserting an alert in your JS while you are working on it and changing it every time you make a change so you have a visual prompt of what is happening.

I’m still having this issue, which is slowing me down considerably during plugin development. Is there now an official solution to this?

To recap, I’m searching for a reliable way to update my plugin code and have it update in the test application.

Thanks

Hey @lucacioria,

We implement a macro on our local machine which handles the application and removal of a plugin after we update it. You can take advantage of a number of tools to delete an element from a specific spot and setup the latest version of the element-in-development as you need. Though some may be comfortable with simply moving the element and getting a blank state, we always err on the side of caution by removing everything to make no mistake about which version the Editor is showing us. Though above method had sped up our implementation time tremendously, it’s not the complete solution to fill Bubble’s miss on this. :slight_smile:

I’m having this same issue too, and in my case it’s a not a visual element. It’s a Plugin Action, rather than a Plugin Element Action, so I can’t delete the element and put it back, as there is no element pe se.

Has Bubble implemented a solution to this in the past 2 years?