[Plugin Update] Full Calendar

Good questions, thank you for asking.
(1) The reason this was released as an update rather than a new Plugin was because we weren’t changing or even updating any functionality, just updating the underlying library to address a handful of reported bugs with the existing Plugin. If we had simply deprecated the existing plugin, we would be essentially forcing existing users to migrate to a new plugin just to have their bug fixed.
(2) We reserve Bubble Versions for breaking changes only - that is, an update to the platform that knowingly breaks an existing way of doing something (though, for good reason :wink: ). This update did not meet that criteria. Unfortunately, there was a breaking bug reported after the update, but this was due to legacy app language settings not playing nice with the new library and was quickly resolved by gracefully handling the legacy app language. Breaking changes usually require intervention from the user to update their settings, workflows, UIs, etc.

This does bring up a good point about versions for hardcoded Bubble-built plugins though, and I’m totally on-board. Rest assured it is something we are looking into so that you all will have more control over when you receive any Plugin updates.

When you have available views set to “month only” you get two “today” navigation buttons on either side, which is fine on desktop.

Capture

But when the calendar shrinks for mobile they stack and look terrible. Could you please fix this? There is no need to have two “today” navigation menus, especially on mobile.

Capture2

Thanks for bringing this up - definitely not an ideal user experience! Do you mind filing a bug report for this? We’ll take a look ASAP.

@nick.carroll I filed a bug report as you requested. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey folks, Pete from Bubble engineering here.

Just wanted to let you know that, responding to feedback here, we’ve just released an update to the calendar plugin which allows you to choose whether you want events to be displayed in “dot” or “block” format. Here’s block:

And here’s dot:

Our earlier upgrade set the default to dot, but we’ve set the default back to block, since that’s what it was before.

Thanks for using the plugin, and we’ll continue to do our best to address the other issues mentioned here as well!

5 Likes

Has this been fixed or have you found some kink of work around for the mobile view showing two “today” menus?

Are there any plans to implement the Resource feature from Full Calendar? I use it in every aspect of my App but I’m using a plugin that hasn’t been updated in over a year, I’d like to update to something much more stable.

1 Like

Hi @nick.carroll @pete1 !

I’ve also experienced that lack of responsiveness issue on top . It´s the only step lacking for mobile adoption. Is there an estimate to fix that ? Cheers :+1:

Kapture 2021-04-04 at 14.56.21

+1, looking for ressources too!

It’s being worked on, though unfortunately, the FullCalendar library does not extend much control over the toolbar, so the required solution is a bit more involved than we first expected.

1 Like

too all followers of this bugs, there is a aknoledge bug report going on

Meh. Depends on how much custom css work you wanna do!

For those looking for alternatives:

Pending approval of my documentation and a couple tweaks I will be releasing my own full calendar Plugin. It should also tie in nicely with the TopCal plugin for scheduling dates.

Check it out here

Simple

A more complex set up

1 Like

Is there any way to change the colour of the labels in the Full Calendar? Right now they are a dark gray, an even darker gray, and a dark blue.
I’m also following the “bug” that results in two “today” labels being shown when the month only view is selected. Looking forward to a better design to that issue.

3 Likes

This has been fixed !!

3 Likes

Hey, @nick.carroll,

Can you please consider this for future improvements?

Thanks in advance :slightly_smiling_face: :computer:

1 Like

@nick.carroll

Is there any way you could give us the option of changing the colors and look the calendar and of the buttons etc…

I’m kind of embarrassed to release a product that looks this dated.

Examples of more modern looking calendars would be google calendar and toast ui calendar as examples.

You can do it by adding custom css to your page @luminrabbit

1 Like

Jared, could you provide an example of how to add CSS as you suggest?

1 Like

Hi @jared.gibb,

An example would be great!
In the bubble editor I went to Settings > General Tab> Scrolled down and set the check box of “Expose the option to add an ID attribute to HTML elements”
but this ID seems to be for the element of the calendar and not the buttons within the calendar.

So I fired up google Chrome, clicked Preview once on the preview page I right clicked, selected inspect to be able to see all of the HTML within, I also clicked Elements, in the next section below I clicked Styles (xtrue) to view the source of the body, etc…

Im just not sure how to drill down and get access to the buttons to be able to change its CSS any suggestions?

sure. you could try something like this in an HTML element. This should affect the day view button.

<style>
button.fc-timeGridDay-button.fc-button {
background-color: black !important;
}
</style>