[PLUGIN] - VideoJS Advanced + YouTube, Vimeo, Wistia, HLS, DASH, MUX, Pre-roll Ads (plus more)

Hi there, can you show us the action?

Not at the moment Marcos, I could add that in (I attempted it a while back actually) but run into a few issues. Maybe next week when I have a little more time on my hands I’ll take another look at it for you.

Does this help at all? I’ve tried to copy your workflows from the example page: mux-upload

Ah yes great, thank you. Can you expand the middle one by clicking that “Endpoint - Create upload URL (MUX)”

Let’s see what you have in there

In the Plugin Settings area, have you got the Authorization details in there? like this…
That key you se on the right side has to be generated using this page I put together:
http://paul-testing-4.bubbleapps.io/base64_authorization

1 Like

I hadn’t done that bit right - I have fixed this now. Thanks for steering me in the right direction. I can get the file uploader to open now > would you mind summarising next steps for me please?

For some reason my media will not play on mobile safari. It plays fine on regular safari.

Here is the link:
https://my.speechbooth.com/version-test/play/1632344238532x624289522037628800

Here is the error log for IOS
[Error] VIDEOJS: – “ERROR:” – “(CODE:4 MEDIA_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED)” – “The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.”
bt

code: 4

message: “The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.”

bt Prototype
(anonymous function) (video.min.7.14.3.js:12:1825)
(anonymous function) (video.min.7.14.3.js:19:168849)
(anonymous function) (video.min.7.14.3.js:19:154371)
(anonymous function)
bound
(anonymous function) (video.min.7.14.3.js:12:13485)

Does anyone know why I’m seeing this?

I’ll help you set that up, you’re seeing that because you’ve clicked on the Auto detect button within that backend workflow. Give me 20 mins and I’ll come back to you, I have some JSON data which I can send to your app that will set up all the fields. If you want to jump on a quick a Google Meet with me I can explain how that works. PM me if you want a quick chat and we’ll set it up.

@jon2 I’ll take a look at that video when I get a moment.

That would be great. I have it pulling the data through

But there is no playback ID…

Thanks!

Also, I was using a version of the plug-in from about 1 month ago in my production app. All was well until yesterday when my users were telling me that the video player stopped working. A check of the console revealed multiple JS errors in the plug-in. Updating to the latest version corrected this issue. (Except for the iOS issue mentioned previously)

My concern here is that the existing library for my version of the plug-in appeared to have changed because of the type of console error and nothing in my production environment seemed to have changed. Perhaps something else in bubble that caused this? If it was something to do with the plug-in library changing, can we get version-locked libraries for each revision of the plug-in? It’s a concern that I may need to continuously monitor that the player is working.

Thanks in advance

Ok… so Bubble seem to be pretty good at versioning of stuff especially when it comes to plugins, so Live will only have the plugin updated once you’ve upgraded it in version-test first and then pushed the update to your Live site. All those versions/revisions you see in the Plugin Settings section are effectively locked versions so you could downgrade/upgrade when you like (although I’ll always say update to the latest!)

You shouldn’t ever need to monitor it once a stable version is installed. The code will never change for that specified version unless you push an update to Live with a newer version of the plugin selected through the settings within version-test. Or at least that’s my understanding anyway!

I’ll get around to figuring out what the iPhone problem is soon

Does anyone know how to get a dynamic thumbnail to load instead of the black screen with the play button? Specifically on mobile. Desktop is straightforward and in most cases automatic but on mobile I cant get it to work.

I can pull the sprite sheet through but it looks like this

What I’m aiming for is this…

I have been trying to dynamically access an image for the video player. Desktop seems to take care of this automatically but this isnt the case on mobile safari.

The answer is pulling the ‘poster’ provided by mux.

PM me if you have any questions and i’ll help set it up.

1 Like

Hi @pork1977gm Paul. Got everything working beautifully with the plugin and just have one issue remaining that I have to figure out. How do I get the videos played with Vimeo to go fullscreen after a certain amount of seconds? The execute method is working nicely with Mux but I cant get it to work with Vimeo… any tips?

Are you using the vimeo player option? If you can send us a URL to the page which plays your Vimeo video, I’ll figure out what the JS is to make it go full screen for you.

@pork1977gm big fan of the plugin! Currently I cannot get the player to load a new video off an action. I have the player getting it’s vimeo URL from a parent group’s text. I then have a button, that once clicked, will change the parent group’s text to a new text/URL.

The problem I’m running into is that the player will not reset or reload the new video url. Any help you can provide? Would be greatly appreciated!

Ok I’ll see if I can replicate it for you, are you using Vimeos player in the options?