[RELEASE] BubbleTools Chromium Extension!

.bubbletools

Hey y’all!
We use Bubble to create a bunch of internal websites at my job, and after being frustrated with having to edit the URL of the page to switch between versions or disable debug mode, I decided to write a simple browser extension for Chromium-based browsers. Let me know what you think, and feel free to suggest changes or features!

Current Features:

• Debug mode toggle
  • Live/Development version toggle

How to install:

• Download the latest release source
  • Extract into a folder of your choosing
  • Enable developer mode on the extensions page of your Chromium-based browser
  • Select the ‘Load Unpacked’ option, then navigate to the root folder of the extracted zip
  • The extension will then be loaded, enjoy!

Screenshot:

11 Likes

Thanks! :+1:

Something similar has been on my to-do list since this post.

-Steve

2 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one who wanted this idea!

Do you think that there could be a Firefox version in the future? I really don’t want to use Chrome, but this looks super useful.

A small but so pain relieving thing!

One other thing I do a lot is switch between different test users with different privileges. Sometimes I build a selector in app, but a smarter unified way would be a great relief here too.

Cheers, Peter

That’s a good idea! I’ll see if it’s even possible to do that, because I do the same thing. If it’s possible, I still don’t know how viable it would be as every app has different user data and configuration. For example, in the apps I work on we have hundreds of users, so there would have to be a way to differentiate between test accounts and regular accounts.

I see the hurdle you describe. Not being able to make an extension myself, I can only hope for experts like you. :grinning: