I have a repeating group with text and image from a product database. The images are URLs. I also have a dropdown list of brands in order to let people filter the repeating group. Some of my product items in the repeating group have bad URLs or no image to them. On load, when all my items are shown in the repeating group, the correct image is displayed for the correct product item BUT when I use the filter drop down, the product items with no image displayed are replaced by product images for product items that were shown in a particular cell before the filter was applied which ends up then showing the wrong image for a product item.
With no filter applied:
- The first cell in my repeating group shows product text A and product image A
- The second cell in my repeating group shows product text B and product image C
- The third cell in my repeating group shows product text C and product image C
- The fourth cell in my repeating group shows product text D and no image (as that product D’s image leads to an 404 page-url)
With filter applied (that should show product C and D only in this simplified example):
- The first cell in my repeating group shows product text C and product image C
- The second cell in my repeating group shows product text D and product image B
…even though the second cell should - with the filter applied - not show an image at all as that product doesn’t have a valid image.
My hunch is that something it wrong in the data sources / filtering workflows… Some more information about how it is set up:
- My page’s content type is not set (setting doesn’t seem to help)
- My page has a custom state (”rg filter”) that has state type ’Product’ and is set to a list set
- My repeating group’s content type is ’Product’ and data source is the page’s custom state (”rg filter”)
- In repeating group’s cells there is a group with content type ’Product’ and data source ’Current cell’s Product’ and inside text and image have dynamic data of type ’Parent group’s Product Image’ and ’Parent group’s Product’s Name’ etc
Just realized also that this problem goes for my product pages as well. If I view product A’s page and then load product D (which doesn’t have an image), the image for product A still shows even though it’s product D’s text and no image should show at all
…any idea on what I’ve gotten messed up?