Try an input with:
Placeholder: -
Initial content:
Content format: Integer

Put a group around the input(s).
In a workflow step, Reset the group.

Thanks, @mishav.

Unfortunately, that doesn’t do the trick :frowning:

I even tried to combine both reset input and reset group, in both orders…

I guess I shall submit a bug report…

@Lucien, does this work for you? https://forum4.bubbleapps.io/version-test/reset-number-input?debug_mode=true

What browser/OS are you testing with?

I notice you have this in a Repeating Group as well, does it make a difference if its just in a group?

Thanks a lot for taking the time to look into this!

Yes, that example works for me.

Maybe the issue is that I’m using the event “a pop up is closed” to trigger the reset then?

I’m using Chrome/MacOS (Mojave).

As a matter of fact, it’s not a repeating group, it’s a regular group.

I updated the example to do similar. Is it still a problem?

Can you copy your page to a test app and still see the problem? If so, a good way to test is gradually remove everything but the problem elements.

I’m using Chrome/Windows10.

Your example works…

I’ve made a copy of the page (in the same app though), and yes, the problem also occurs. It’s hard to remove gradually everything but the problem elements because the app is pretty complex…

I’m guessing it could be because I’m reading the initial value from the database (if that value is not empty)… but again, it’s weird that it works for when the content is defined as a text (numbers only) and not when it’s a number…

I don’t want to waste your time, but can I send you the link to my editor by PM for a quick look?

Yes okay, and some navigation instructions to see the problem :slight_smile:

Yes, of course! Thanks a million!

Alright, so 2 brains were better than one for this sneaky issue.

If it can help anyone else: having the “show thousand separator” option checked was preventing the reset process to work properly. It works fine if, instead, the “formatted as 1,029” is used to format directly the input value, and the option “show thousand separator” is left unchecked.

2 Likes

Bump, facing issues here, something this simple…

Scott, reset data of parent group.

Tried that already @anon65040322 - but even so that’s not the point… it would be far better to be able to select the ‘relevant’ inputs or inputs by id - as opposed to relying on bubble’s algorithm to do so. Relying on the group hack is just that - a hack used only when reset relevant inputs doesn’t work as intended.

1 Like

um no. both methods work as intended youre doing something wrong. no hacks here :man_facepalming:

:memo: Resetinput | Bubble Editor ,
:eyes: ileunchae ,

2 Likes

As described in the thread there are edge cases where the reset inputs clearly do not work as intended. Snide replies to genuine issues and possible bugs are counterproductive, and will likely increase the time it takes for the community to identify and fix errors.

2 Likes

Dont need to be rude…

Heres an edge case for you tho :slight_smile:

This example show’s how a focused input doesnt reset when you press enter, only when you click out of the input.

2019-04-10_15-28-04

The Reset event is called on every change, I also tried to shift the focus to a different input before

So, as you can see, when you press enter on an Input, the corresponding onchange event is executing (focus is shifted), but the focused input doesnt change.

2 Likes

I had this exact problem and finally managed to solve it.

If you want to target a specific input where “reset relevant input” doesn’t do the trick. All you got to do is in the workflow reference that group and then afterward add this workflow action.

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 4.08.11 AM

Group the input > reset this group > reset relevant input

and it will do the trick

Good luck

10 Likes

@Arifi - I confirm :slight_smile:

Thanks

That worked! Been pulling my hair out. Thank you.

Hi guys,
It shouldn’t work like this!

That’s why I created a super-easy plugin that could help you resetting a specific Input via its HTML ID.
You can check it here : Reset Data of an Input Plugin | Bubble