Reset data not working

Hi there,

Got a small problem that I can’t seem to resolve.

I have a form with just 3 inputs (decimal). I have a workflow to reset the data by the user. Ie reset the form to start over again. It was working fine then suddenly it stops working 100%.

When the workflow is called, it seems to reset the inputs in the back end but the value doesn’t clear on the form.

Is this a bug? anyone experienced this or have a fix?

thanks

The same thing started happening in one of my apps within the past few days (a week ago at most). I haven’t reported it as a bug yet, but the easiest workaround was to change the workflow to refresh the page instead of resetting the input group. Refreshing the page may not be ideal for you for one reason or another, but it’s something to consider in the short term.

Thanks Mikeloc,

Unfortunately refresh is not an option. A large part of my app is quick data entry. This bug means the app is not really functional.

How long do Bubble takes to fix something like this?

If you haven’t reported it using the bug report form, it likely won’t get looked at in the near term. The Bubble team uses the official bug report form as their system of record for bugs, so definitely report it there!

1 Like

Same thing happens in my app. Text inputs reset as usual, but integers and decimals don’t.

I’ve submitted a bug report.

Just saw this happening as well. But some input’s seem to be reset where others don’t.

I am new to Bubble, just wondering how long does it normally take for Bubble to fix a bug like this?
I imagine there would be lots of apps affected.

Hey folks!

We’ve received some reports of this issue, so this is currently with our engineering team for their investigation. We can’t guarantee deadlines for fixes, but it’s certainly on our list and we’ll keep you posted!

3 Likes

@hello.plannwin Welcome to Bubble!

Engineer handling this one here. Sorry this hit late last week and we did not realize how widespread it was until today. I’m actually pushing a fix for this as we speak.

A bug like this one generally gets immediate escalation once we realize it’s effecting multiple apps. I would not recommend trying the page refresh fix but you were right to file a bug report when you did. The more reports we get the faster we can gauge how to prioritize fixes that are affecting multiple apps like this one.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, @riley… thanks so much for the quick turnaround on this bug fix… very much appreciated. If it helps, I can confirm that it is, indeed, fixed.

Oh, and I didn’t want to use the page refresh “fix” either, but I couldn’t think of another way to work around the bug, and it did the trick in the short term.

Thanks again, riley!

Best…
Mike

nice one! thanks for the quick fix!

I understand and I appreciate the help y’all provide on the forums :slight_smile:
People like you are the the first line of defense for helping new users learn what Bubble is capable of.

Has this been resolved?

I’ve tried a dozen different combinations of “reset relevant inputs” and “reset data” in various parts of a workflow and I still can’t get a text input to clear.

“Answer Input” field in the “Card Q Group” on the “flashcards” page.

I can confirm it is still working in my app. Are you saying that as you flip through the cards, the answer field isn’t clearing? It looked like it was clearing for me when I previewed your app, but maybe I wasn’t looking at the right thing.

It got fixed and worked for me for about a day. But hasn’t been working for about a week now. I just assumed that they’re still working on it.

Perhaps not and we need to get new tickets in to see how widespread it still is.

Yep having same issue - tried about 3 different ways to reset data in a group in a popup and nothing works. I have the group generating a randomstring so not sure if that is a further complication.

The issue is intermittent but easily reproducible. Load the app and only select one checkbox (part 6 has physics questions…:-D) and cycle through the cards a few times (you’ll probably get some dupes before you see the issue).

Re-produced the issue in a test app and filed a bug report so will see what Bubble says.

3 Likes

Hey @simon, any response from Bubble dev on this?

Nope not yet - but they don’t work weekends so will not expect any response until Monday afternoon UK time.

I expect over time they will have regional support so in a similar timezone to make responses that bit quicker.