Reset pw email isn't received

For some reason my reset password emails aren’t sent. Workflow seems pretty standard to me so I can’t find out why it isn’t sending. It’s not in spam and doesn’t work for any account so I’m missing something. What is it?

Anyone willing to look into this for a bit? I’m struggling to find the issue…

Hello @renzetc, without more details, I would be:

1- Double check the “forgot-pw-email-input” contains data. Check the box “Add a breakpoint in the debug mode” and make sure it sends a value in the “email” field.

2- Make sure you don’t have multiple fields with the same name and aren’t using the right one.

Redu.

Yea everything seems to work fine in the debugger. Also the page loader shows and my guess that it was related to a DNS error in my domain settings was wrong.

Anyone willing to have a look in my editor?

I think it’s because of privacy rules in the user table. I have checked from bubble logs, emails are working.

Can you please ensure the logs on your sendgrid dashboard. And verify you have verified your domain in sendgrid.

I’m not using Sendgird (yet). It works fine from the test environment but not from my live domain. Not sure how this could be related to privacy rules, could you clarify?

If your recipient is @live.com, outlook.com, hotmail.com, yahoo.com, etc they will not receive the password reset email. Unless you have setup an alternative email service, Bubble uses SendGrid (behind the scenes) for all email workflows by default. And SendGrid emails are blocked by the recipients listed above. Now it may very well be something else, but this is a good starting point to check.

You will have to set privacy rules in the live DB to match those in the test DB, they do not get transferred by default

Thanks for explaining that. I can’t believe how many clients I’ve blamed user error for not being able to find the reset email. I can’t believe bubble doesn’t make us aware of this.

Sorry but this kind of generalisation shouldn’t be made. SendGrid has and continues to quickly deliver password reset emails to Outlook and other email service providers. Any issues in deliverability can be usually attributed to a bad actor abusing the shared IP (which would be temporary anyway due to SendGrid automatically rotating through IPs) or poor/incorrect configuration of custom domain authentication within SendGrid or the DNS server.

Are you using a custom domain or are your password reset emails coming from @bubbleapps.io domain?

Also not quite sure what you mean here - the privacy rules are transferred to live automatically when you deploy to live.

Your input is appreciated, and thank you for sharing your opinion.

Hello @renzetc
have you found the solution? I have the same problem:

• the reset email is received on the dev environment
  • but not on the live environment - for old users only (jan, feb 2021). New users (nov 2021) can receive the reset password email.
1 Like

Have you set up your own SendGrid account yet? If so, you should be able to log in and see whether there have been any deliverability issues with the emails that you sent; SendGrid

If not, you should get started; https://manual.bubble.io/help-guides/customizing-an-application/email#setting-up-sendgrid

For me it was a combination of things that caused this. Part of it had to do with shared IP’s but part of it was caused by a messy database. Once I moved everything to live and set up SendGrid properly I got it working for the most part (except for the shared ip issue)