Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Run a workflow after a share?

Hi im trying to run a promotion where the user gets something after they share my app on facebook or twitter. can anybody think of a way to do this? Im assuming i cant use the add to any buttons. Thanks!

I think the way to do this would be to add the userid of the sharer to the shared url. Then when they click through to a landing page you can do a search and trigger the workflow.

Triggering on ACTUAL share, rather than clicking a button, is much harder (and I am not sure it is possible on some platforms, they don’t tell you about the share).

At the easy end, put the share button in a group, and trigger on that.

@NigelG
“I think the way to do this would be to add the userid of the sharer to the shared url.”
sorry im not understanding this, can you go into a bit more detail? is this something i have to have the facebook login for?

Yes, will put an example together for you.

1 Like

Ok, so here is a refer page.

It uses add to any ,but uses the userid in the link parameter.

https://forum_app.bubbleapps.io/version-test/landing?referer=1455356551051x398780476301908500

The landing page then pulls this out.

You can then run something on page load to store this. But I just put it in a text box.

This is how we can send a bubble id via any channel on a url, and pull it back.

You would need to search for the user like this …

You need :firstitem to force bubble to think it is a single row. otherwise you get an error.

2 Likes

Awesome! Ill give it a go!
Thanks for the time you put into this @NigelG