ScheduleMe - Powerful Scheduling and Calendar Template

@boston85719 https://www.loom.com/share/be3d852669d34f288af1ec53bbfe5e39

Here’s a video.

Due to the flaw in how Bubble handles workflows when the debug_mode is in the URL and is in ‘run’ mode, changes needed to be made to the template to handle the timing issues that are a result of this when the application does not have the debug_mode in the URL.

The necessary changes have been implemented and the template is ready to be re-installed by any users who purchased the template prior to February 1, 2021.

Other changes made to the database to add all 592 timezones worldwide and default availability on user signup for each timezone.

Sorry for any inconveniences this has caused and thank you to those who have reported any issues experienced to help me ensure the template operates smoothly.

1 Like

Hi @boston85719, thank you for this incredible template :slight_smile:
I’d like to request your services for a customization of this template.

Are you currently available ?

1 Like

Thank you. I am glad that you like it.

I have just sent you a PM about customization.

1 Like

UPDATED FIX — this should not be necessary for any users who purchase the template after this date, however, for users who have purchased it prior you can implement these changes manually or install the newest version of the template.

I was made aware of an issue and have found and fixed the issue. I also fixed up another issue related to username creation on signup.

First, the issue about dates in the calendar disappearing is related to the conditionals that are setup to make the dates not available for selection, based on 11 different conditions. One of those conditions was taking into consideration a field that is an advanced option on the Event Type to limit the number of a particular event type that can be booked for any given day.

By default this option and the corresponding filed is empty, so as to signal it is unlimited, however, Bubble picked it up as if it were nil. So to fix it I had to adjust the conditional logic to accommodate for the fact that at times it will be an empty field.

There are two locations where this needs to be adjusted, one is the book page and the other is the book-mobile page.

Here is a screen shot of what it looks like in your application currently with the conditional.

Conditional Culprit - Max Events Per Day

It is the conditional that in the screen shot above is unchecked for ‘this element is visible’ (this is how I isolated the culprit - normally it is checked)

Below is the screen shot of the adjusted conditional

Conditional Max Events Fix

And below are screen shots of the element in the element tree on the two different pages that it needs to be adjusted on.

The other issue that existed related to the User username, which would cause an empty URL segment unless the user added a username themselves, as previously a username was not generated on signup, since there was no workflow or UI allowing them to create one.

What I did was I adjusted the signup workflow to create a username using the User’s email address, while extracting only the values from the adjust that come before the @ symbol…so for my email address Boston85719@yahoo.com, the username would be boston85719.

I needed to make a second workflow event to assume that at times an email address may have the same ‘handle’ before the @ symbol, like myself who also has a boston85719@gmail.com email address. As Bubble checks for email to ensure no duplicate accounts, I am able to have two separate accounts with these two email addresses. With this in mind, I need to have the second workflow event that will ‘amend’ the ‘handle’ of the email address if it already is in use (Not absolutely necessary since the setup to display a Users event types for booking can mitigate a duplicated username, but just for assurance no issues arise).

To do that, the second account I sign up for using boston85719@gmail.com would have a username of boston85719-a91 (or some other random string of 3 characters using lowercase and number).

Below are screen shots of how to add those workflows. They are added in the reusable element Signup / Login Popup.

This is the extract with regex pattern to use

^(\S+)(?=@)

In the conditional, the same extract with regex pattern is used

This should all now allow for no issues when a new user signs up and creates an account and turns on the event to then follow the links of the event type to the booking page and all info should be displayed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Any further thought on an integration explainer. With a powerhouse app template like this one, it would be really helpful.

I’ve been thinking about putting together a video for it that I would make part of a new training portal I am in the slow process of putting together. It would be a paid tutorial video. I might get one put together in the next couple of weeks.

I would buy it. Thank you.

1 Like

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 4.19.01 PM
I am trying to customize the color of the calendar, but there is this element in the week views that I can’t seem to identify. I think I have gone through every element. Any help is appreciated.

Hi Sam

That is a bit of trickery I had to come up with in order to block the 11:45PM slots from showing up on the following day…because of the way the time indicator on the left lined up the repeating groups are not showing 12-1 they show 11:45 - 12:45

It is not a group by itself, it is a conditional on the grey line that separates hours of the day.

Using a group to hide the 11:45 slot messed up responsiveness and every way I tried to put a conditional on the 11:45 slot to not show caused issues on the previous day, so this was the only way I could come up with hiding the info and keeping responsiveness in tact.

You could need to change the color of the of the boxshadow to match your background. This is on the reusable elements that have the grey line separating hours of day.

Ah! Thank you!

Hey @boston85719

Great job building this! In this template is there real time availability. So if a time slot is booked , will it prevent others from booking that time slot?

1 Like

@kwaku.watson Thank you. It was quite an undertaking to get everything set up properly and to ensure users never had an ability to make mistakes in creating their schedules, event types and during bookings.

Yes, the template will prevent others from booking a time slot that is already booked. In fact the template creates the available time slots on the fly at the time of booking by checking the meeting hosts scheduled meetings so that only time slots that fit their availability are displayed to the user trying to make the booking.

When a meeting host has multiple event types, all of which have different settings for duration, availability during day time hours and buffers between meetings etc. the template is checking against all of the different options to create a set of time slots so that users will not be booked for a meeting that will end past their pre-set end time of day as they set in their schedule of availability.

It is a very complex template in its design and feature set to make it a very simple to use application for the end users.

2 Likes

Okay cool got it! Thanks for getting back to me
2 more things;

1. Can this be used for marketplaces? So eg; 1000s of users being able to receive bookings
  2. So right now we already have a platform where people could search for stylists beautynbrushes.com/search-vendors. How would integration work between the platform that we have and this stand alone one. on our platform we carry information that is needed for the booked appointment, something that the scheduler wouldnt have.
  1. Yes, I am in the process of creating another template with this as the basis for the scheduling feature that will be for a freelancer marketplace. In this template I am also going to implement Stripe payments at the time of booking as well.

2. Integration is something that Bubble makes as easy as possible, although it can be a tedious process. When I built the template I had it in mind that most users who purchase the template would integrate it into an existing project.

Once the template is purchased, you’d need to copy the components into your existing project. Like I said it is a tedious task and can take a considerable number of hours if not familiar with integrating other applications into another, although much less than trying to build from scratch. I do offer integration services. My integration service would simply add the template to an existing project. It would not include ‘connecting’ the two.

However, I also offer customization services and ‘connecting’ the existing project features with those of the template fall into the customization category. It would be completely possible to add all the information needed for a booked appointment into the scheduler.

For example, I am working with an existing client at the moment who purchased the template and hired me for integration and customization. They also requested I implement the payment feature at the time of booking. In the database we have all the information being captured simultaneously about the Stripe charge, the event type being booked as well as the details of the meeting itself.

There is no limit to the type of information that can be captured that is allowed by the Bubble database and 3rd party software such as Stripe.

If you’d like to discuss more details please feel free to PM.

Cheers

1 Like

I see. Ok. How do i pm you, And can i schedule an actual meeting with you?

To send a PM to anybody on the forum, you would like on their handle and/or the icon next to their handle that is visible at the top left of messages they post. A popup will open with a blue button to send message.

In regards to scheduling a meeting we can discuss the details in the private message.

Cheers

Hey maybe you can send me a message. The message icon isnt showing up for me

Hi @boston85719 - I would like to buy your template since it looks incredibly powerful.
But have run into a bug (screenshoted).

I ran into this issue after performing these steps (on my Mac Desktop running Chrome)

1. Created a new account in the demo.
  2. Selected “Schedules” from Menu on top right

On Schedule Page:

1. Schedule was left at “:star: Default”
  2. Enabled all days of week & left its default values
  3. Hit save

This prompted the (1) pop up to enable & (2) prevented me from moving beyond this page/creating this schedule.

Let me know if you need more info from me to provide. :+1:

@boston85719

Separately, I ran into this. Am I adding a New Event Type incorrectly?

After a User creates a “:heavy_plus_sign: New Event Type” under My Scheduler,
Once I add a new event type, the “Save & Close” button only saves & does not close/send feedback.

I selected “My Scheduler” again after creating the New Event Type to confirm it was actually created, then I selected the link via Scheduler & no date options populate