Search query to automatically generated page

I know I’m missing something dumb here.

I have automatically created pages for my app, I.e. myapp.com/page/1234

On my index page, I want the user to be able to type in 1234 and when clicking submit, it goes to the corresponding page myapp.com/page/1234.

I have no problem being able to send data from one page to another, but for some reason, I can’t quite get this to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

What is 1234?

1234 is the slug of thing that the automatically created page is using as the page.

So in context, we will be mailing people something with a 4 digit opportunity number (ex 1234). So they can either go to myapp.com/opp/1234 or they can go to myapp.com and search for 1234. When they search for 1234, I would like it to take them to myapp.com/opp/1234.

1234 is found or is it supposed to be created the second a button is pressed after a the search term has been entered?

Reason I ask is that pages need to exist first in Bubble. You can send data to a page which is a different concept.

The page exists and it can be set to expect an entry to display it dynamically

Thanks for the fast reply… the page already exists.

All I’m looking the user is to be able to type in the 4 digit number on the home page, and when click “go” it takes them to the corresponding, existing page.

Button click

Go to page

Send data via url parameters

I appreciate your help with this, but this is not the solution.

I have no problem sending data, automatically creating pages, etc.

The issue is much simpler than that (or should be). Again the page I want to the user to go to already exists. From the index page, there is a input box for the opp number and then a submit button. The submit button has a workflow to go to the page, the same type setup on both pages. I can’t send a URL parameter because that will create a parameter, instead of just taking the user to the correct page.

@gregmberry Can you not use the “go to external site” action for this? The URL would be “app home URL/app/” then dynamic value equal to the users input.

1 Like

@gregmberry

Mmmh

Seems to me that 1234 are not dB objects … are they?

Thank you, Rob! I knew I was missing something super simple.

1 Like