SendGrid by Copilot error

@copilot
We cannot send emails by using this plugin through API Workflow.
However, in normal workflows, it seems that we can send emails by this plugin.

We cannot figure out what the cause of this error is.

The error message is below.

Workflow error - Plugin action SendGrid - Send email error: TypeError: context.request is not a function at eval (eval at build_function (/var/task/util/util_harness.js:37:12), :201:28) at eval (eval at build_function (/var/task/util/util_harness.js:37:12), :224:8) at /var/task/plugin_api_v4_alpha.js:198:35 at harness (/var/task/harness.js:115:21) at /var/task/harness.js:154:70 at withGlobalHandlers (/var/task/harness.js:66:41) at Runtime.myHandler [as handler] (/var/task/harness.js:154:16) at Runtime.handleOnceNonStreaming (file:///var/runtime/index.mjs:1173:29)

It looks like the latest version of the plugin has updated the bubble api to v4 without updating the code (it still uses context.request).

Thank you, but we still don’t know what we should do…(Sorry, we are not good at English because we are a japanese company.)

downgrade to version 6.2.13 and it will work

1 Like

A temporary solution is downgrading to a version that uses the old v3 api. It will work until december then it will not work anymore. Maybe the author of the plugin will finish the update during this time.
An alternative is to update the code yourself. You can fork the plugin and complete the required update of code. This also requires to change your workflows because you need to use your plugin.

Hey @staybytripi.dev and everyone,

Thanks for calling out the issue! We’ve seen the ‘context.request’ issue in a few places across our plugins and that’s likely due to a mismatch in versions. We’ve been in communication with the Bubble team and should have patches available soon across the board.

For now, it may be worth downgrading or avoiding an upgrade of your plugins while we get things sorted for everyone! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @copilot ,

I just sent you an email to report the same error. Sorry, didn’t realize you’re already working on it. Hopefully it can all be fixed prior to the cutoff date! I’m sure it must be a headache.

I also think there should be a better way for plug in authors to tell their users that there’s a potential bug. I know your SendGrid plugin has 33,000 installs and I didn’t even realize there was a problem with the plugin until I noticed emails weren’t being sent.

For anyone using this plugin - might be a good idea to roll back

Hey @ramzizi,

All good! We received numerous reports about issues with plugin actions so you’re alone. If you update to Version 6.2.15 or higher, you’ll find the issues triggered by plugin actions are resolved. We’ll introduce Version 6.3 in the coming weeks as well which will come bundled with some email helpers in addition to our new error handling protocol.

If you continue to experience any issues or run into a potential bug, please let us know about it over at Copilot - Contact Us. :raised_hands: