SendGrid doesn't send email to YAHOO?

Have anyone experimented this issue?

I can’t send e-mails to Yahoo from my app.

Here’s the facts:

a) I use my own API KEY from SendGrid

b) Emails sent by the app come from my no-reply@mydomain.com

c) I tried to send emails like password reset like any other transactional type (with the native action from Bubble and with the @Copilot plugin)

d) I can send e-mails to Gmail and to Icloud, for example.

This is really frustrating because I can’t tell my future Users: “Hey you can’t sign up with a yahoo e-mail because…”

It’s possible that Yahoo has a differently aggressive spam filters that are causing deliverability issues. Can you confirm that emails are not appearing in the spam folder?

Solid breakdown: https://www.x-pose.org/2016/12/07/solving-sendgrid-yahoo-mail-deliverability-and-deferred-issues/

And a slightly dated (but likely still relevant) post from the SendGrid blog: https://sendgrid.com/blog/get-delivered-yahoo-heres-how/

Hi @dan1,

I’m 100% positive that the emails are not going to Spam folder in Yahoo.

I see that this problem now appear from time to time on the private email from custom domains. And this is really strange because it not seems very reliably for the future users.

And the “support” from the SendGrid team is:

“It’s important to know that shared IPs are especially poorly suited to sending transactional type messages (opt-in confirmations, password resets, receipts) for two reasons: marketing mail (the primary type of mail sent by other shared IP pool users) inherently lowers IP reputation and secondly transactional type messages have the lowest tolerance to risk which use of shared IPs has in abundance.”

Also, I verified my Domain Authentication and the Link Branding.

1 Like

I think that this is worth raising in profile with the Bubble team. (As I recall, Bubble’s SendGrid account was flagged the other day). Given that the issue arises both with Bubble’s native action and Copilot’s, give me a bit of pause.

Although I’m currently (coincidentally?) sitting some couple hundred feet away from SendGrid’s office, I can’t claim to have any deep understanding of their mechanics.

To the extent that you’re comfortable sharing, what’s your reputation score / high level utilization stats / spam reports?

Definitely there is a problem somewhere and after many twists and many readings, maybe I should contact the team.

Although I haven’t sent many emails yet (because i’m in the development phase) my reputation score is 97%.

In the Activity Feed, some e-mails are delivered (at least today) to Yahoo from time to time and other custom e-mails (to privates domains) are not delivered.

1 Like

Just a note on this in case others are looking into this. If you have done everything you can to ensure deliverability (such as Sender Authentication), there is still a chance your emails can get blocked. SendGrid (like all email senders) use a Shared IP address to send emails, if this IP goes on a Blacklist somewhere, then certain email providers may block it.

I have this issue with certain email providers (Outlook especially) with a shared IP I am on through SendGrid. It is expensive to move to a dedicated IP address, but this can help avoid the problem.

Some more discussion on this: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14202068

So is there a resolution to this?
Our users are experiencing the same issue. Some yahoo users are getting emails 36-72 hrs later. Some yahoo users don’t receive it at all.

Bubble should be taking this seriously. With email being the primary login mechanism, email’s cannot get held up somewhere that users cannot login.
This is a serious issue and as a user of the bubble platform it’s out of our control.

@support@bubble.io

1 Like

@Bubble

+1

Have a sendgrid account that is not sending password reset emails to yahoo.

It shows up as deferred in sendgrid activity. Yahoo servers are rejecting it.

It’s a free sendgrid account. And sendgrid support has not replied for days now.

To follow up, asked my client to sign up to the essentials paid sendgrid.com account and emails have started to magically go through to Yahoo. So perhaps it’s not just a technical issue. Needs some $ in that engine…

I had the exact same experience using Sendgrid but with Hotmail accounts. Their support is horrendous.

1 Like

Me too with hotmail !

I’m subscribed to the basic paid plan, but sendgrid support tell me that I need to upgrade to a higher plan that is about 90usd per month.
So, with this plan will have a dedicated ip not flagged by Microsoft as spam for sending to me mails to hotmail.

I have a Sendgrid Pro account and an IP with a great send reputation (99%) but the emails still get marked by hotmail and yahoo as spam or thrown into the junk folder all the time! So it is not worth the upgrade at all!

I just don’t allow hotmail addresses any more as this is the worst of the two.

2 Likes

Wait, that sounds really dodgy from Sendgrid. Do I understand correctly that emails will be marked as spam on the free plan but miraculously will go through on the upgrade (notwithstanding @StevenM’s comment below, which defeats the point of upgrading anyway). Yikes!

Are there no better options than SendGrid? I find their platform a royal pain to use anyway.

1 Like

I have been working with sendgrid for 7 years and it has gotten worse over the years! Bubble really needs to look for other options to closely integrate with.

AWS would be a better option and I am sure there are more.

1 Like

Anecdotal evidence. Here is the chain of events.

A new signup email to a customer with a yahoo email address kept being deferred for a few hours.

Customer tried password reset. Those emails kept getting deferred.

I got pulled in by my client. I investigate. See sendgrid unable to deliver.
I ask client to upgrade account, raise a sendgrid support ticket.

Upgrade account from free to essential

Email went through.
Including the previous ones that were being deferred.

Feel free to understand the above as you wish.
Did we get a different IP address from a pool that Yahoo allowed on the paid plan? maybe. But yea this is concerning. Especially if you cannot bypass sendgrid easily using bubble.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. That is indeed beyond dodgy practice. I’ve already been contemplating how I can avoid SG completely by using native Bubble email capabilities and this solidifies my motivation to exit SG.

The only thing I haven’t been able to figure out yet using Bubble is how include a link back to the site.

1 Like

Yes, they literally told me to buy the “Pro” plan of $ 90 usd per month to have dedicated Ip, and this will solve my hotmail problems.

I argued that I had a reputation of 99%, and they told me that in my plan, the ip was shared, and some people who shared ip with me, can send spam, so outlook could flag my emails outlook as spam too.

Captura de Pantalla 2020-07-30 a la(s) 7.33.56 p. m.

But I don’t need to send 1.5 millions mails per month to go for the Pro plan of $90 usd per month. I’m fine with the essentials plan or an intermediate plan between them.

Maybe I will move to Postmark or Mailchimp with the add on for transactional emails.

Some of one have recommendations?

so, did you find the solution? i got it too, hope your advises

Switch to another provider, for example I use Postmark, the only solution I can vouch for. There are plugins that allows you to send emails through other providers, including this one I mentioned.

2 Likes

It is already Aug 2020. Is there any solution to this issue ???