Sending videos to a new page for viewing/comments [Similar to Worldstarhiphop.com]

I just can’t seem to find a simple way to do it.

• Instead of the video starting to play when it is clicked… I want it to re-direct the clicker to a specific video page only displaying that particular video and space below for comments on that video.

I have my initial page set-up with YouTube (Id included) videos in place in the correct place showing the user what videos are available to view on the site. I haven’t figured out how to link / send the data, I also have the video destination page created. However, I’m not sure what element or how to set up the element to receive the video information coming from the main video page.

If you’re not sure what I am talking about… just go to www.worldstarhiphop.com & click any video on their home page. I’m trying to create that function.

S.N. - My 4th day using bubble :sunglasses:

A few options here. But essentially think of the “Videos” on the main page of worldstarhiphop as Links - not the actual video player. The link is clicked, a popup is revealed and the video player is in the popup

So you could either try putting a Link Element over top of the video on the main page. Or you can have a picture showing a screenshot of the video that has a link.

Then the link would then navigate to a new page with the video player. Or it could Show a Popup or group that has the video player in it

Thanks! That definitely gave me a better understanding of what needs to be done. I’ve decided to place the link over the video.

So now I am trying to figure out how to get that particular user-clicked video on the video destination page. I understand that I can manually create a separate page for each individual video that appears on my site. However, I’m trying to find simplified way so that regardless of which video is clicked, the user will be sent to the same video destination page and only the video and comments change.

Is that possible? Or do I just have to make individual pages for each?

You should look up “sending data to…”

What you’re describing is definitely possible, and the preferred way of doing things. You basically build a container page that gets populated by data from a specific thing. I think there’s a lesson on this in the Bubble tutorial section.

2 Likes

That’s what I have been using to follow along. I have ran into problems because the tutorial is all based around how
a title input & picture input are saved to create a new “thing” which then becomes the data to send in the repeating group / link.

Because I am using clickable videos, I never needed to create a new "thing’.

specifically… I can’t figure out what to put in the “Data to send” area for the link
or how to set it up :no_mouth:

I’m still working at it though.

I’ve done the sending data tutorial multiple times and still can’t seem to get it right seeing as this is a video
instead of sending a picture like the tutorial teaches.

I have a created main page with the video & correct id to display the YouTube video along with a page that I want to send the user to once they click.

Would you be able to walk me through the steps?