[SOLVED] Why do I have to send data with a link?

Hey,
I know the topic has been solved, with a workaround, or call it a “trick”, but it would be intersting to have the “Best Practice” for that.

I have the same problem:
→ not being able to deploy live with the “Data to send” error because the field is empty.
And like a lot of people here, I’ve been trained on a create/edit page that uses different conditions for one case or the other.

Apparently, this is not the right way to do it.

So, what is, or are, the best method(s) for a “create/edit page” ?

I’ve settled on passing the result of a query for the type in question with the single constraint “unique_id=0” and then ensuring that the destination page behaves reasonably in either case.

I think bubble should allow null objects and either eliminate this error or downgrade it to a warning. Personally I am simply going to stop setting types on pages, I don’t see any benefit to doing so as-is since it seems to create constraints without a clear benefit.

4 Likes

What I do is just use “Open an External Website” action when I want to go to a page without sending data.

thank you so much!!! this is exactly what I need rn :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: