Stripe Plugin. How to apply a coupon?

When I create a customer facing coupon code and enter it in the stripe checkout v3 It says invalid.

Have you checked if you’re creating it on live/test mode?

Yes, creating in live mode

On Stripe too?

Any update on this? I’ve created multiple coupons in the stripe dashboard. When I try to use them they show as invalid. I’ve tried to test in both live/test environments.

Did you try using the promo code on a coupon? You have to create that separately and then make sure you have the checkbox for “allowing promo codes” checked so you see it on the first stripe screen,…

Thanks for your response!

I created the coupon/promo code in the stripe dashboard. Am I supposed to create a coupon in Bubble instead?

I also have ‘allow promo codes’ checked.

You’re suppose to create a coupon on Stripe.

Not necessary to create a coupon in Bubble; when you run the workflow to connect to Stripe, you’ll see a checkbox on that page to enter a promo code. Enter the promo code you created on the coupon in Stripe (it should recognize it and update the amount), enter the cc info on the other side and it should work. The promo code is for new accounts in Stripe; the coupon code is used for existing accounts only.

I just created a coupon in the STRIPE dashboard and I’ve got the promotion code related to it.
When I run the payment worflow in my app, I do see the button “add a promotion code” but once I validate the promotion code, it tells me that the code is not valid.
In my workflow, “add promotion code” is allowed, so I don’t understand where the issue is. For information, I’m using the v3 of the plugin.
Am I missing something ?

2 Likes

Hi I have same experience. I created coupon code in stripe as well as promo code and when I entered it during payment, it shows invalid code.

Have you resolved this?

Thanks.

Hi, where you able to solve stripe promo codes issue?

@w.fly @Boost does anyone have a solution for the single/double sided thing with the promo code ? I’m actually facing this issue too, i’m looking for a solution but having a headache after hours and hours seeking and reading… :’)

Unfortunately it’s been quite some time since I’ve looked into this… so I’m of little help now-a-days on the subject :frowning:

This is still broken!! @bubble! I can check the box “allow promotional code” in Bubble, but it always shows as invalid even when the code is created correctly in Stripe.

1 Like

Hey, were you able to find a fix for this?

Still getting the same problem :confused:

Are you trying a 100% off code?

Hey,

Applying a Stripe coupon by default on the checkout would be awesome because the “Apply coupon” action can only apply a coupon on an existing subscription.

Go ahead and upvote this idea.
https://bubble.io/ideaboard?idea=1665619674779x167763109562023940

Just gave the “allow promotion” checkbox in the workflow configuration screen and it worked great! If y’all have been waiting for the right solution… it looks like its in place now.

1 Like