Struggling modifying multidropdown data

Hello all ! and thanks in advance for your help.
I’m creating quite a simple app (like a blog)
where admin users can create blog post and select which users can see the content (according to the user’s program) ==>
Users must pick a program when sign up (program1, 2 or 3).

On the back end for the admin, when creating a post, admin can select which program the post is for with a multidropdown and then create the post.

Posts are gathered in a RG group - where admin can modify entries. And there is the problem …
when admin click on modify the post, i have a pop up that displays content (from the RG group) all the datas from the post are gathered through my inputs - but on the multidropdown selection i have nothing … I tried many things to get datas on the default value, but i can’t find a way to display the right element.
I guess the default value should be converted in a list ? but it seems that i don’t have the option …
see attached elements
do you have any recommandations / help please !!! thanks !
Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 15.47.06
Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 15.47.10

I apologize for my lack of understanding.

Is the input in the image the field where you enter the program you want to select when you sign up?

I know it’s weird to give an idea when I don’t understand it, but

It might work if you use “display data”.

I guess it’s because of my English :wink:
Thank you for your response.

No, when you sign up, it’s a field in the user tab (a text field)
For the blog, i’m using option sets with multidropdown.
Maybe it’s here i’m wrong …

Just for you to understand, i have “blog” part and “offer” part let’s say.
When admin creates an “offer” he can select only one program for users.
But when admin creates a “blog” article, i’d like him to select one or more program.
That’s why i created a multidropdown selection AND an option sets.

I’m still not sure I’m recognizing it correctly, so I’ll pose more questions.

Is the program selected by the user stored in the user field?

Am I correct in interpreting that the following work flow is being performed when the modify button is clicked?
“When edit bottun clicked,display data for current cell’s contents in popupgroup”.

The program(s) selected by the admin when creating a blog article is stored in a “blog” data type which is a text field.

I attached both workflow when creating a blog post and when modifying a blog post
thanks
Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 17.58.41
Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 17.59.01

I think I may have figured it out.

Instead of having the default values appear in a list.
Why not use a checkbox?

If there is a programA in the article, set the default value of programA to Yes.

Sorry if that’s not the answer💦.

Thanks again for your help.
See attached, I tried with radio buttons, the problem is still the same, i cannot display (when modifying) the right program on the default value.
I tried as well to create check box but the problem is almost the same, see attached.
I’m sure i’m doing something wrong or I should change the logic of the process IDK.
thank s!
Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 08.29.08

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 08.31.51

I’m not sure.

If the checkbox is not set to default, but is set to conditional
“If there is text matching the data, the default value should be Yes.”

But check box will be one choice, i need to get more than one choice, since the admin can select more than one program no ?

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.