[Template] Simple base template for every SaaS (new responsive engine)

Hi there,
I noticed that for every SaaS app I need to create similar things again and again, so I decided to build a template that will serve me as a starting point in the future. And because the Bubble community already helped me a lot, I decided to publish it for free :slightly_smiling_face:.

While templates can be great for learning how Bubble works, they can also be overwhelming and cluttered with too many features so that they can actually slow you down. That’s why I’m keeping things to a minimum in this template, so you can directly start working on features that are specific to your use case.

I hope this is useful for you! Let me know if you have any suggestions on how to improve it!

Features:

• Fully responsive, using the new engine everywhere
  • Animated sidebar
  • Reusable delete popup for every data type
  • Custom email confirmation workflow, to be able to send welcome emails based on templates
  • Dedicated login and signup pages with redirection mechanism
  • User settings page, where email, password, etc. can be changed by the user
  • API connection to SendInBlue API to send pretty emails quickly
  • Simple but effective user roles system, e.g. for admins
5 Likes

Hi @jonas.bergert - this is a really good template and I’m using it on my site, so thank you for creating it.
I noticed you made some updates yesterday. Could you tell us the changes you made so that I know what I’m looking for when I update?

Thanks

Hey @wrightj2 ,
I’m glad you like it! I just copied something from the template yesterday, it shouldn’t affect you! If I make bigger changes in the future, I’ll post it here!

Cool thanks Jonas.

Since you asked for any suggested improvements - what about adding a plan sign up page (i.e. free, Paid tier 1, Paid tier 2 etc.) and a Manage Subscription Page(which is basically just a call to the Stripe Customer Portal) and the necessary workflows for Stripe to take payment (using the Bubble Strip plugin or API Connector and the Stripe Customer Portal plugin).

This is something required by virtually every SaaS app out there (the ability to get paid) and does take a lot of time to figure out how to setup, so would be really useful to have at least some of it there for you in the template.

Yeah good idea, you are right, this is something every SaaS needs at some point! I was busy with other projects lately but I’ll try to add it in the near future!

1 Like

I added a plans page with Stripe integration. I’m using Stripe checkout to easily let users subscribe. I also added a “Billing” item in the user menu that brings users to the Stripe customer portal.
To make the subscription available to a whole company instead of only one user, I added the “Company” data type that every user now has to have. I hope this helps!

Is there an easy way to remove the Stripe and Plan elements without breaking the template? I love the simple layout and it makes the perfect base for the simple app I’m building, but I do not need subscription or pay wall features.

Thanks!

Sure, you can just delete whatever you don’t need! The template is just a starting point but you develop it in any direction you want.

Hi,

I really like the template, but I have a hard time hooking up my sendinblue api, can you tell me what authentication method I should choose ?

Thanks

Hi,
the API should already be set up in the API Connector, no? In any case, here’s my setup:

(I removed my API key from the “value” field, it should start with “xkeysib-”)

Thank, I got it to work with your help

1 Like