Trying to create a table to display/edit user data

I am new to bubble and I am trying to create a online gradebook for teachers. I have hit a stumbling point over trying to create a table to display students grades on assignments and to allow teachers to edit those grades. Similar to the table in the image below.

I have tried embedding a horizontal repeating group into a vertical repeating group, with the users data in the vertical and the assignment in the horizontal but I can’t both sets of data into the intersecting cell so I can find the piece of data that is for that assignment and that user.

I am also worried that if the list of assignments or students get too long I will run into a scrolling problem, where the table doesn’t stay together properly.

Any thoughts on how to create this would be great. Thank you.!

online-gradebook_1

That’s definitely quite a project to take on as an early Bubble app! Congrats!

There are a variety of ways you could go about it. If you want to share a bit more about your data structure or PM a link to your editor, I’d be happy to share some thoughts based on that.

Similar in concept, I built a few visualization tools that did interactive organizational diversity reporting (effectively a pivot table report based on user defined categories, all within Bubble), with the ability to click through into “deeper dive” on specific points.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.