I have been building away happily for a couple of hours, and then all of a sudden, my app logs me out. When I tried to log back in again, it didn’t work… checked the server logs and it’s reporting that there’s no user with my email address. Weird.
Looking more in depth into my data, when I first uploaded the data into the User table, there were 3928 entries. Now there are only 2532! I have not deleted any users since uploading them, if anything I might have added a handful of test users.
I am really hoping this can be rectified (I have already logged a bug report). I’m not sure yet if there is any other data missing from my app. I can re-upload the user details but it’s a pain in the neck as I’ll then have to relink all the things connected to each user. I could wipe the lot and re-upload everything but then I will lose a month’s worth of data clean up that I’ve done post upload.
This just happened to me. I was looking at live and dev. Testing….
And then all of a sudden when testing against the live database, my user name could not login. When I didn’t get a pwd reset email I knew when I checked live production data that name was gone somehow.
Surprised I found ALL MY USERS were gone. Vanished along with everything linked to them.
I did not purge the user table manually (not a chance at a slip of the finger) yet somehow the user table was purged.
The root cause was a code loop segment that we didn’t know was running that came with the template we purchased. When you went to a certain page in their template app and hung around for 5 mins it purged all the non-demo users which to us was our production user data. Bubble.io support was very responsive and helpful in tracking down the root cause.
They include that code since the reset loop allows you to run their template demo app and gather data (any user can test it out with some live demo data).
However it’s a demo app, so to limit the size and to deliver a good demo experience it purges any people “playing” in the demo app after an interval if you stay on a screen for an interval like 5 minutes.
We weren’t aware this code was in a workflow on that particular page since we hadn’t been in their template that deep yet to walk through it.
Lesson learned - user error, our mistake. It happens. Next time we will search any code we paste into an app for database activity that use loops.
Bubble.io support to track this issue down was superb.