Using multiple and/or conditions in 'Only when' part of workflow

I have multiple workflows that rely on multiple conditions being true false.

For example:
only when x date > y date and/or parent group’s thing’s field doesn’t contain “Zebra” and/or parent group’s thing’s field doesn’t contain “Lion”.

The date condition is almost always part of the ‘Only when’ but I can’t figure out when to use and/or when trying to filter out things like “Lion” or “Zebra”.

It is especially confusing if I want to do:
Only when x date > y date and/or parent group’s thing’s field doesn’t contain “Zebra” and/or parent group’s thing’s field contains “Lion”.

Does anyone know the answer to when to use and vs. or?
Or any useful threads that explains this well?

Struggling to find anything helpful on bubble’s Manual

Thanks!!

Hi there, @anon31591471… maybe I don’t understand your question, but if you have multiple conditions that all must be true, use and to string them together. As soon as you can say one condition and/or another condition, use or because you are saying it is not a must for both conditions to be true.

Best…
Mike

1 Like

@mikeloc
Thank you for responding! but if I have conditions 1, 2, and 3 and 1 must be true but either 2 or 3 must be true and I put

“Only when 1 and 2 or 3”

Does Bubble read that as :
1 and 2 must be true and 3 doesn’t have to be true (or vice versa)
OR
1 must be true and 2 or 3 must be true?

Sidenote:
It would be very useful if bubble let you use parenthesis to use like PEMDAS

Have you tried Bubble’s experimental parentheses feature?

In general, though, I believe you have to build the expression as 1 and 2 or 1 and 3… should be pretty easy to test.

1 Like

Ok awesome thanks! I will check it out!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.