I’ve got a need to setup a Webhook with an external service. The external service handles the URL and subscription via the following:
- POST to their API with a callback URL
- External service provides a parameter in the return URL
- External service provider sends a GET to the callback URL and expects a response back in 2 seconds that includes the parameter + Status Code of 200 back
- On success, returns Subscription code
This seems straightforward, but I’m struggling to get it to work… I’ve tried the following:
- POST via API (this works)
- Callback URL to backend workflow (as /wf/ call) trying to collect parameter from the WF, but it doesn’t like the parameter name as there’s a . in it “hub.challenge”
- Create a thing, call the POST API, callback directed to /obj/ backend workflow with unique id of thing called out, getting hub.challenge from URL, modify thing… this seems right, but isn’t working
I’m getting a fairly non-helpful Status 400 error from the external provider.
Any help on this? Be greatly appreciated!