What's the best way to navigate in mobile native app, custom state or get URL Parameters

Hello Guys. I’m trying to build a Mobile native app and I keep getting the “issues to fix” notification every time I use a “get URL parameter” to navigate. Do I just use Custom state as a means to navigate or there’s something I’m not doing right with the URL Parameter method?
Please which is best and or how can I stop getting the “Issues to fix” notification every time I use the "get URL parameter to navigate?

Can you send screenshots of the error alert and your setup?

The next image is the setup

@andrew2pls

Welcome to the Bubble Community! :confetti_ball::tada::champagne::clap:

I’m not sure, but I think just uncheck the ‘this is a native app’ on the page. You don’t need to check that for it to work in the wrappers.

Hope that helps. :blush:

1 Like

Thanks a lot @J805 , it did. Thank you.
But I’m still very curious to know which is better to navigate with when creating your mobile app, “get URL Parameter” or “Custom states” or they both serve their purposes.
Is there a merit or demerit to either of them in terms of mobile app navigation.

URL parameters keep the user on the page they are on if the page is refreshed. I tend to go toward that since Bubble still has the banner whenever you push your Dev version to Live. I use the plugin to just refresh the page right away instead of show the banner. So it’s a better user experience to stay where they are at if I push an update.

I lean toward URL parameters. Set states are for things that I don’t need them to keep if I refresh the page.

I use a mix of both. Does that help?

That’s just my personal preference. Everyone builds differently. There is not just one right way to build something. :blush:

1 Like

Very helpful, Thank you so much. I get it now.

1 Like

@J805 What plugin are you referring to? :slight_smile:

I have used this one sometimes: Auto Page Refresh Plugin | Bubble

Just make sure to build your app so the user doesn’t lose their info if the page is refreshed. Auto saving and url parameters help. :blush:

1 Like

Glad that helped. :blush:

How did you add the page parameters? It works when I set it to “This URL”. When I use “get data from page URL” it doesn’t work and I don’t see how to combine the two.

Hey @cohereandnow :wave:

Here is a video that will walk you through it. It’s a paid video though. If you can’t afford it, let me know and I can see if I can try to assist when I have some time. Maybe next week. :blush:

Hope that helps. :blush: