YouTube API not working

I have my YouTube API. I call data from YouTube using a user-agent flow, where I pass off the refresh and access token and so on.

Well, last night I’m making some changes.

I have a rule set, that when a user has a video that has a hashtag that matches the hashtag created by the admin in the app, to verify the ‘challenge’ and then to initialize Google to pull the data from the dates that are found inside the ‘challenge’.

When I execute this, it pulls the user subscriber count — not anything else. Uhhh??? What? So it passes data and is working… but not really.

Well, this entire project was just working. And now it’s not.

I have a deadline coming up and the amount of stress is actually unbearable. I can’t seem to get this to work and require someone who’s amazing at problem solving.

Will pay lots of money.

EDIT: My GET URL was wrong and I was searching at overall channel stats, not individual video stats. Gosh darn the amount of heartache that this has relieved… OOF.

1 Like

Can you share screenshot of ypur calls and API settings?

Following this: Google Calendar API use case - #7 by mebeingken

My workflow looks like this:

, where only subs are pulled.

On each verification, if you pass, it creates a challenge submission (what’s created to store your data). That’s why there’s a comma separated list (I have multiple challenge submissions).

EIther way, only SUBS is scanned for…

bump!

You have a lot of WF where you should use DATA instead of Action.
Did you
A) Test your WF using Step by step and inspect each step to be sure data and results are what you expect?
B) Use Logs to see the call made and the results too?

Can you share the calls initialization step data you are using for each missing data?

Are you sure I should use data versus action?

Logs show nothing.

Debug doesn’t display any errors.

Ended up using data and it still isn’t working.

@NigelG

Calling in Nigel because I’m at a loss and can’t move forward.

Nigel, please use your powers for good!

1 Like

Doesn’t really matter for data or action if your call is set correctly. But basically, when you get data ti display, it should be a DATA and you should use GET Data from API instead of action to set something.
But actually, it’s hard for me to tell where it’s fail because I don’t have enough information.
I ask you to share your initilialization result.

to find a coach that will help you directly in Zoom. I think it’s the best solution for you.
There’s also some other platform that offer on demand help

1 Like

Perhaps there’s some confusion. I’m not sure exactly what you mean when you ask for the initialization result.

But, to change direction slightly, it would appear that the Youtube API (as tested in both the API playground and the site) works as intended, but doesn’t actually display the data on the frontend of Youtube accurately.

THIS is my biggest concern. Is this a me, or a Youtube thing? Turns out it’s looking like a Youtube thing.

My main issue is that I’m using the reports query from Youtube to find information out about the channel. These metrics, to my understanding, are relating to the total sum of the channel. So, when I search for views within a certain time frame, it should display all the views within that timeframe, relating to the channel: not the individual video that is being compared. This is largely due to the quota imposed upon us by Youtube.

If I was to use the search query, which looks for individual videos, it’s 50 points for each search, multiplied by 300 users, surpasses our quota significantly.

Perhaps there is a better, lower-cost way to find the user’s metrics.

Thanks for your help so far.

Thoughts?

When you click on Initialize Call, there’ a popup screen. You can share this so we can validate that the API call is ok.
Can you make your app in public view mode and share editor link? This will also be easier to check what your call return when you call it and how your setting is done to display data

For the quota question, it can be hard to calculate. It will depend of the type of request and how ofter you make it (and this may affect accuracy of data you display).

Sorry, too difficult to follow what is happening there.

That looks like a very complex workflow. Does it work when you “simplify” ?