Zapier data wrapped in quotes, but quotes don't show up in DB

Hello! I am working with a Zapier plug-in that sends data from a Gmail inbox to my Bubble app. When the data gets to Bubble, the “bodycontent” data (i.e., the plain text of the email body) is wrapped in quotes, even though it doesn’t show as wrapped in quotes when viewing it in the database.

If I copy-paste the data to a document or to Google Search, the quotation marks appear.

This is preventing me from sending the bodycontent to an API in a JSON payload.

Any idea how to get rid of these? I’ve tried everything I can think of – Find & Replace, Regex, trim, etc are not working.

Could you share the api response?

Are you sure that the error is not due to the line breaks?

Yep here is the API response. But I’ve looked at the actual payload and it’s valid JSON, I think this is happening because of the mysterious quotes referenced in the OP. What do you mean line breaks though?

The service Open AI - Get Article Summary just returned an error (HTTP 400). Please consult their documentation to ensure your call is setup properly. Raw error: { "error": { "message": "We could not parse the JSON body of your request. (HINT: This likely means you aren't using your HTTP library correctly. The OpenAI API expects a JSON payload, but what was sent was not valid JSON. If you have trouble figuring out how to fix this, please send an email to support@openai.com and include any relevant code you'd like help with.)", "type": "invalid_request_error", "param": null, "code": null } }

Where are these mysterious quotes mentionned? I think you should check if there’s no Line breaks (New lines) or any special characters in your call content in the bubble’s Logs.

Can you paste here the api call from the logs please?