Zapier Webhook Indicate Success while Bubble does not detect

I have been testing Zapier Webhook. The Zapier Test indicates a success as shown below for the Bubble Endpoint.

However, my Bubble app endpoint is still detecting request data.

Have any of you experience this or I have done something wrong in my setup?

It happened to me before and then I realized I was sending the webhook to live api version. Copy and paste the link exactly and try again.

It appears that Zapier webhook POST is not auto-detected by Bubble endpoint. When I went for “Manual definition” and not let it autodetect, it works. A new thing is created.

Is there something wrong with Bubble “Detect Request Data”? If this does not work, it would be difficult to work with some external applications which does not specifically tell us what parameters they are sending.

@neerja is there a bug? If you look at my other post in this forum relating to Paypal webhook I am also having a problem.

When testing your webhook in Zapier disregard bubble recognising it. if Zapier gives you a confirmation of success you are all good.

The way to validate after you have received the confirmation in Zapier is to remove the “initialize” and then do a retest. You’ll find the web hook works if everything else is set up correctly.

1 Like

@kaventan1 No bug reports for detect request data and it is working as of our test today. Once you initialize, then try again.

Hi @Bubbleboy, I disregarded bubble when it comes to auto detect the parameters received (as none was reported by bubble). Once Zapier say it was a success I was okay. On Bubble’s side it was fortunate that I know what Zapier was sending over as I could define the parameter name in Zapier itself.

My problem is that if I was working with a 3rd party application where they do not fully disclose parameters that they are sending over, I would not know all the parameters being transmitted. I used to rely on Bubble’s autodetection of header and parameters to inform me of that.

Do this:

Open two tabs in your browser. One has Zapier and the second is your bubble API endpoint " Detecting Request Data"

Now test your Zapier and Zapier will then confirm the test is successful. But as you’ve already noted you will still see the endpoint initialising. its ok. just now run a re-test on your Zap… You might have to do this a couple of times… But it will detect and you will then be able to select parameters etc
you should see this message in Zapier when you test and the auto detect has worked …this is a good sign

1 Like

Hi @Bubbleboy, it works as your outlined. I have to send a few re-test of my Zaps before Bubble detects. I thought it was instant.

Thanks.

I am actually testing Zaps for the first time - using Google Sheets (new row).

After working out how to validate my zaps, I noticed that when I test the zap, it passes through correctly to Bubble. I then turned the Zap On.

Subsequently all other new rows that I created was not received by Bubble.

The funny thing is that when I did a re-test Zapier to Bubble, all the missing rows suddenly turned up in my Bubble database together with the test zap.

Am I missing some steps somewhere or is there a delay in zaps from Google Sheets?

In my latest test, only the test zap appears in Bubble. All other new rows in Google Sheets did not appear.

I finally figured out (I think) that there is a long delay between new row creation in sheets and when it gets updated in Bubble. Test Zaps are instant while actual row creation is delayed considerably.