Group with focus referenced to Repeating group cell's

@vincent56, I found another way to implement this which isn’t such a hack.

Simple Version

  • Create a reusable element that displays a GroupFocus on hover. Then, put the reusable element with in the RG. This way, the GroupFocus works for each cell within the RG.

More Details

  • Create a reusable element with a group as the primary element. I made it 40 x 40px and 100% transparent.
  • Include an element within the group that’s set to show/hide when the primary element is hovered. Also 100% transparent.
  • I included a GroupFocus within the reusable element (but outside of the 40 x 40px space). I set a workflow to show the GroupFocus when the trigger element is visible, and to hide it when the trigger element isn’t visible.
  • Then, I add this element to my RG and put it at the top most element in the group. I set the reusable element’s thing to be the current cell’s thing. Each of my cell’s is 40 x 40px in the RG, so now, whenever someone hovers over the cell, it displays a GroupFocus outside of that cell, and correctly references the cell’s thing.

Example:
I set this up to provide more details about a user when someone hovers over any of a profile photo.