Save repeating group to database as new records

Hi
I have a repeating group that I added data to (multiple rows) from another repeating group using state. That works fine.

I now want to say the contents of the reating group to a table as a new record for each row in the repeating group.

I use the WF of create things, but it creates one record with each field delimited with the values from the repeating group.

Here is the WF for the on click of the button
WF%20event

Here is what it looks like in the database

1 Like

What you’re doing in that workflow action is using a single “create thing” action that’s only going to run once, so it’s only going to create one record.

Then, in each of the fields, you’re providing list values. “Repeating group’s list” will return each item in the list. Thus, doing something like RG’s list’s first name will return each first name in the list.

What you want to do is Schedule an API Workflow on a list so that you have the Create Thing action in an API workflow and run that for every item in the RG, this creating a separate record.

There are tons of threads for how to set that up, but here are a couple videos too:

Gaby at Coaching No Code Apps (formerly Coaching Bubble)

Courses & Products, Tutorials, Private Coaching, and High-level Development

Start Learning Today :mortar_board:

12 Likes

Thank you very much. Worked perfectly.

Great job on your videos!

1 Like

I know this is real old, but its exactly what I need. Which videos do you recommend?

1 Like