Ziggeo not working on Mobile

I gave up on Ziggeo a while back. Not only is it flash based, so probably won’t work on mobile until they update it, but they’ve changed their pricing structure so the cheapest you can get is $99 a month, crazy!!

I’m experimenting with a new idea: The ‘File Uploader’ input form, when pressed on a smartphone / tablet (at least on iOS), triggers the dialogue asking you to choose from your iCloud files, or take a picture / video. I want to use that video upload with the Bubble file storage to create a thing with the direct url to the video file. If you use the below code for a standard HTML5 video player, it displays fine using dynamic data to define the video src.

<video width="320" height="240" controls>
  <source src="<dynamic url from the thing your uploader created>" type="video/mp4">
Your browser does not support HTML5 video.
</video>

Credit to @ryan for the HTML5 solution in this post:

How do I place a video on my page

So i’ll have a video uploading page, and then a repeating group with all the videos that have been submitted, pretty much the same as Ziggeo but for zero cost.

I’ll let you know when I have a working prototype to share. At the moment it runs ok using the iOS browser. The big question will be what happens when it’s put in native app form. I think iOS will be fine, but Android as usual will be another story. Fingers crossed!

2 Likes