App not working properly after this morning

Hello, after this morning several random parts of my app have stopped working properly; I’ve not changed anything the day before so I am puzzled as to why. Everything that is broken has a :count function in it as well as a “get data from url” ; was wondering if anyone else has experienced any issues after today.

Edit:

Ok I have discovered something very interesting

Everything works fine if the item being retrieved from the URL has no odd characters and no spaces. If a space is introduced to item in the URL, the “Get from URL” will write in the database a blank entry.

For example:

country=USA will write as USA

country=Great Britain will write as empty because of the space

country=Baden-Württemberg will write as empty because of either the “ü” or the “-”

Yes if I for instance try to “get country from page url” and the url has country=USA, and then save it to the database, the entry will be blank.

Is it triggered on page load? I had a weird week with certain things not working as well. Can’t put my finger on exactly where the bug is though. So it’s hard to do a bug report. @eve has there been any updates that could cause random issues of backend workflows not running, as well as ‘on page load’ issues, or something similar. Has anything been reported?

Hope that helps! :blush:

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

For All Your No-Code Education Needs:

  • One-on-One Tutoring
  • eLearning Hub
  • Video Tutorials
  • No-Code Classes

Hello! The are done on page load and some are done with a button. The really weird thing is that the debug mode shows that everything is working fine, its just that things are suddenly not writing to the database even though the debug mode says they are. Its an issue that has only existed today and yesterday.

Yes! That was happening to me too! Weird, we did a bug report but it was so random it’s hard to show. Is it consistent with yours?

Ok I have discovered something very interesting

Everything works fine if the item being retrieved from the URL has no odd characters and no spaces. If a space is introduced to item in the URL, the “Get from URL” will write in the database a blank entry.

For example:

country=USA will write as USA

country=Great Britain will write as empty because of the space

country=Baden-Württemberg will write as empty because of either the “ü” or the “-”

I just verified this in my app too. On page load with URL parameters does not work. I will be reporting it to @Bubble since this breaks my app. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Hello folks, thanks for flagging! We’re seeing a few reports of this, and are investigating: if this is happening in your app, please ping us at support@bubble.io!

1 Like

Thanks. I will send a bug report right after I set up a way to create a reproducible step by step flow.

Ok, I just sent the bug report. I really hope this gets fixed soon. Thanks.

Hi all, we found the issue – we fixed a bug in how urls are communicated between the browser + server, but the fix broke the encoding of url parameters under certain situations. We’re reverting the bug fix now: it should be live in about 5 minutes. The deployment that caused the problem was at 10/13 at 10:48 am ET. We’re not sure yet exactly why this fix caused this additional bug, but we’re erring on the side of reverting back to the original state of affairs while we investigate

3 Likes

It’s live, let us know if you’re still seeing issues

3 Likes

Looks like everything is working again, thank you!

Yes. It works better now. Phew. :sweat_smile:Thanks for the quick fix. That completely broke my app. :blush::+1:

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.