Audio Recorder - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Thank you so much guys!

Hey guys, following up on this, any progress on it?

Hello @pablo.f,

Unfortunately, no. Our team is still working on this and looking for a solution for the limitation. Once we have any news in this regard, we’ll let you know.

Hope for your understanding. :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Hi @pablo.f,
Thank you for your patience!

We’ve updated the plugin and added the ability to record over an hour of audio. Can you please upgrade your plugin to the latest version (1.45.0.) and give it a try?

Have a good day!

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

2 Likes

Hi team,

I’m trying to implement the audio recorder however I keep getting the same issue. When you press play, it switches on and instantly switches off. I’ve gone through your plugin page and demo page but can’t work out why it’s doing this. Have you seen this before and if so do you know a work around? (I’ve attatched a screenshot of my workflow if that helps)

Thanks,
Matt

Thank you @ZeroqodeSupport. I’m getting feedback from iPhone users and they keep getting asked to grant permission to access the microphone, is there a reason for this? and is there any solution for it?

Hi @matthew15,
Apologies for the late reply. :pray:

Unfortunately, the issue you have described is not reproducing on our side. In order to speed up the process and help you, can you please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide us a link to your application? This will allow us to check your settings and run some tests to fix the mentioned problem.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Looking to hear you soon.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello @pablo.f,
Sorry for the late reply.

We’ve tested the plugin on iPhone but it only asks for permission once when the first recording is started. There may be a temporary problem not caused by the plugin. But still, can you please provide more details, like which exact devices/browsers are you encountering this issue? This can help us reproduce it on our side. :pray:

Thank you! Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

More feedback here guys. I have a user that has an iPhone 14, using chrome. Both browser and phone are in their latest version. The audio is inconsistent, sometimes the audio gets recorded, others the audio is empty, no device is being used to record other than the phone’s microphone. Android works perfectly

Hello @pablo.f,
Thank you for the details.

Let us please investigate what might be the issue. As soon as the investigation is completed we will get back to you. In the meantime, I would like to kindly ask you to record a video showing the issue that you have on your side. :pray:

Thanks again!

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Hello, @pablo.f

We have made a new plugin update (1.46.0) that should fix the reported issue. Please update your plugin to the latest version and let us know if it helped.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

@levon @ZeroqodeSupport someone probably accidentally flag your post.

Unfortunately it’s not accidental @JohnMark someone from the forum moderators keeps flagging and blocking a fair share of our posts on the forum - we tried to reach out to @bubblesupport but were only recommended to post less. Ridiculous…

1 Like

@Bubble Can you add the person who puts a flag on a post? In case of error, this person could be contacted. @Emmanuel

3 Likes

@ZeroqodeSupport @levon

The latest version of the plugin (1.46) causes a bug on Safari and iOS. The first time you record audio, it works, but then if you try to record a second time, the plugin will freeze when it tries to process and upload the file.

I’ve also noticed on the second recording, there is no red indicator in safari that a recording is happening. There is a red recording indicator in the upper left-hand corner of Safari on the initial recording that works, but not on the second recording attempt that freezes the plugin after stopping.

I downgraded to version 1.45, and it’s behaving as expected again. 1.46 was supposed to improve performance for iOS, but it seems to have broken it.

1 Like

Not sure if it is related @aj11 ,

I discovered that if Chrome and Safari are opened simultaneously, eventually Chrome keeps the Micro value (not releasing), and the registration no longer works for Safari.

Hi @aj11,
Thank you for your message and for using the Audio Recorder Plugin.

Can you please share a link to your app with a short step-by-step description of your use case, the name of the page where you’ve placed the plugin, where to click, what device you were using, and credentials to log in?

These details will help us look into it with the dev team and try to fix the mentioned issue.

Thank you and looking forward to your reply.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

I won’t be able to provide all of that. It is currently working on V 1.45 and I’ll just stay on that version if it isn’t patched.

The bug is on mobile Safari on an iPhone 14. Tested in an iPhone 12 as well with the same result. You should have no problem replicating it.

@aj11 ,

Indeed, we reproduced this case on our demo page. Let us please investigate it with the plugin developer.

Thank you :pray:
Zeroqode Support Team

2 Likes

Hello there, @aj11 . Thank you for your patience :slightly_smiling_face:

We have made a precise investigation of the plugin library and its work on iPhone/Safari.
It appears that each even time user creates an audio record, this audio record fails. It happens when you get back to the page with recorder element, after previewing the recorded audio from your browser, and initiate the next audio recording.

Our developers searched thought the documentation of the used library and on different forums dedicated to Apple products and, unfortunately, found no fix for this case. Since it is driven from the Safari side, we can do nothing with it.

Still, as a workaround measures, our developers have created a new plugin element (“AudioElement”) for previewing the recorded audio file (plus the “Safari device” state to detect a device that supports a Safari browser (mob)).

Now, you can preview the recorded audio right after it was recorded, within the same page, and avoid the reported issue. You can test it out on our demo page (from iPhone, Safari browser):

Summary

Hope it helps :pray:
Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like