Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Bubble Page to PDF - New Plugin from Zeroqode

@gerben,

You’re always welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

I suppose it’s because you should try save your PDF file as a text URL, and then attach that PDF URL in your email - that should work.

Friends, one good thing I have to inform you about - we have made a Bubble Page to PDF plugin update, where these things were fixed:

• issue on the 35th version, where PDFs were not opening in Adobe Reader;
  • increased a resulting page quality.

@robert, @gilles, @andrew10, @simon, @gaimed, @fza

Please update your plugin to the latest version and check it out. We hope you’ll like it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

3 Likes

Can’t wait to check this out.

1 Like

Thank you for increasing the quality!! Looking forward to trying it out.

2 Likes

@zeroqode

I am having a little trouble saving my PDF to the database.

Can you give any hints. This is what I am doing at the moment

Hi @stevenrichardlevy,
I’m currently having the same issues. I tried saving the file as a url, but this is also not working. Hopefully the guys from Zeroqode can help out! :slight_smile:

@stevenrichardlevy,

As I can see from your screenshot, you are not actually saving a PDF file URL into your database, but making some changes to your Group. The workable setup looks like this:

1. your “Convert to PDF” action should contain this checkbox
  2. your event “When Convertto PDF A uploading to AWS is finished” should contain the “Create a new thing” action
  3. your database fields should be set properly (for file - choose type file, for URL - choose type text)
  4. result

By the way, it seems that you are using not the latest plugin version @stevenrichardlevy. Anyway, for old plugin versions the “save to database” setup is just the same:

1. action
  2. event
  3. database is the same
  4. result

@gerben, I hope the examples above will be useful for you too :pray:

Friends, please try this and let me know if it helped.
Regards,
Zeroqode Team

1 Like

This worked perfectly for me!
Thanks a lot for the quick feedback & help!!

Regards,
Gerben

1 Like

Thanks for such a detailed response. I did not quite get it working yet but I will play around some more. I can replicate what you have showed me but cannot quite get it to work for my scenario. No worries I will keep playing around with this as it may be something I have done wrong.

Quick question - does it have to use the ‘Create a new thing’ action. Can we not modify and add data to an existing thing? namely use the ‘make a change to thing action’

1 Like

Got this working now. It was just a peculiarity of my setup. Nothing to do with the plugin

Thanks for the time and effort @zeroqode

2 Likes

I am having trouble getting the pdf created. When I run the convert workflow, the browser indicates it is working, but no pdf is downloaded nor uploaded to AWS. I had the older verision working fine, but now when I try and revert back, the element doesn’t show up!

@blake1,

Thanks for informing us. Can you please also tell, what element you are trying to convert (pls add the screenshot of the group/repeating group with its properties window), and a bit more details about the object you want to convert? It can help us in the issue investigation.

Many thanks,
Zeroqode Team

1 Like

@blake1,

Please update your plugin to the latest version. We have published a small update that should fix your issue. Thanks :pray:

Regards,
Zeroqode Team

1 Like

Hi @stevenrichardlevy

I am having issues with saving to the database as well do you mind explaining how you resolved your issue?
Thanks

I think it was very specific to my use-case.

I was incorrectly displaying data via a parent group - so the information I wanted to show was not filtering down when the PDF action was triggered.

1 Like

The pdf is now saving to database (thanks for the help…
but now when i attach the pdf url to email to send the pdf is coming through in email as corrupted?

I think i need to set the workflow to save the file once the pdf conversion has been completed - is there a away to do this?

Hello @simone1,

Let us please check this case. I will let you know once I have any useful info.

Thank you. Regards,
Zeroqode Team

thank you do you need access to my bubble app?

@simone1,

For now, there is no need for this. I will recreate the same workflow to check if the sent PDF file/URL is possible to view after it is being received via Email. Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards,
Zeroqode Team

1 Like

also experiencing this issue (was working fine a couple of days ago)

:slight_smile:

@simone1, @stevenrichardlevy,

Friends, we have found out that this might be a bug. Let us please check it out carefully with our dev team. I will inform you once it’s fixed or if there any useful update on this point.

Thank you! Regards,
Zeroqode Team

1 Like