[Bubble Pushed a Fix] 🚨 Bubble Not Responding to Urgent Request - Broken Live App

@Bubble,

I have sent multiple emails, sent private messages, sent bug reports and I have not had a response to an urgent issue since an update that was pushed yesterday (approximately, I know for sure sometime between August 7th and yesterday). The responsive engine does not work the same way anymore. This was a breaking update, yet I was not allowed to choose to update this or not. It changed the way the responsive engine works and broke my live app. Please respond to this urgent request @bubble, @eve, @emmanuel or @josh.

Here is what the issue looks like on a mobile phone: https://youtu.be/XFE50Btzy4w
Here is what it used to look like last week on the 7th of August: https://youtu.be/719JfPZhBwI

I didn’t want to put this on the forum but, without a response from the Bubble team, I don’t know what else to do. I wish Bubble had an emergency phone number to call when things come up like this.

Please help! There is nothing I can do on my end except redesign 3 pages completely from the ground up to fix it, losing my design that I spent many hours on.

1 Like

Yikes :grimacing:. Hope @Bubble sort this out quickly.

3 Likes

Yeah, me too. No response from them since yesterday. :pensive:

1 Like

Seems like they are just now escalating it to the engineers. I hope I don’t have to go all weekend with a broken app. :cry:

2 Likes

It’s fixed! Phew. :sweat_smile: So glad they found the problem and pushed a fix. I really wish Bubble would stop pushing updates everyday and start using a system to not update things unless we approve it. There is already this system in place. I just wish they would use it more.

3 Likes

Jason, what was the problem… would be useful to know as I have 10 apps in the oven ?!!

2 Likes

According to the engineer:

“What we added was a fix for border size computations which our team had not realized the full extent to which this could be a breaking change - apps’ layouts could very much rely on this behavior, and therefore we could not deploy this without making it an opt-in breaking change.”

So they reverted back their Bubble code to fix it. Hope that helps. :blush:

1 Like

thanks

2 Likes

That is a very pretty app. Love the UI!

1 Like

Thank you. I spent a lot of time on it and was inspired by someone’s design on dribbble.com :blush:

Thanks for posting the details. Things seem to be working fine for me too now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.