Do you place popup' elements inside groups or on page level?

Hi,

Speaking of page loading time, and in general app performance.

Do you place popup’s within groups where is the “triggering” element, e.g. a related button, or you place them (popup’s) on page level?

Popups can’t be placed inside other groups., so I’m not sure what you mean?.. Can you elaborate on the question?

I believe you can run many pop up on one page by setting states or triggering elements.

Unless you have 1000s of users then the responsiveness shouldn’t notice anything

But from what I know if you run a 1 page app then if you wanted to be precise then yes the more elements on a page the slower time to load all the data…

Thanks for the response (already known) @adamhholmes and @champion96 :smiley:

Here is the photo:
example_329525

Underlined with red, there are few types of pop-ups, some of them on page level, and some of them on the group level (i.e. inside of a group).

Speaking of page load, and while those groups are not visible by default, does it make any difference?

By my logic, those elements, groups, popups, buttons, etc will not be “loaded” if not visible?

Underlined with red, there are few types of pop-ups, some of them on page level, and some of them on the group level (i.e. inside of a group).

I think that’s a bug in the new drag and drop elements tree feature (see the recent post below for a similar report as this is not expected behaviour) - popups are not meant to be draggable in the elements tree and shouldn’t be able to be nested inside other groups according to the announcement, as they rest ‘above’ the page, so it doesn’t make sense for them to exist inside other groups. I’d file a bug report if I were you.

New Responsive [beta] Drag and Drop in Elements Tree - Announcements - Bubble Forum

By my logic, those elements, groups, popups, buttons, etc will not be “loaded” if not visible?

According to the Bubble docs, although the code is still sent to the page for all elements (including invisible ones), they won’t be drawn on the page until they’re made visible (unless a visible item on the page refers to the invisible item’s datasource).

A full explanation of what happens when a page is loaded can be found in the docs Performance & Scaling - Bubble Docs

Oh, sorry, haven’t mentioned that we area speaking of Reusable group [Pop-up].

Could you please revisit the point here with this update, perspective?

(In this case the new responsive engine is not used.)

Have read the Performance & Scaling from top to bottom, great stuff!

I wish I went to school for this stuff, i.e. Bubble Docs; whereas now you read as you came along to the related topics.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.