Download to CSV sends a link as email and is a total joke now, 40+ minutes waiting for a link to download 19 lines

Bubble already makes it super difficult to deal with CSV files by the way you can’t just go into App data and generate a view that shows related fields from other data types and quickly export to CSV. Now it seems like things have changed where when you are viewing a database view and press Export, it emails a link to download the file instead of just downloading it. Sometimes I need to download a file many times when doing testing, but it takes FOREVER to get the link via email. I have one right now that has 19 rows on it only with 7 columns, and I’ve been waiting more than 40 minutes so far for this link to come to download it, which is only needed to view it in Excel and add up one column to see the total of the values on it. 40+ minutes to download a 19 line CSV file??

I need to do this like 20 times today with various files so this is ridiculous. I’m literally sitting here unable to do any other tasks I have because I need this CSV file first. Does Bubble expect us to queue up everything we think we’ll need the night before and hope it’s available in the morning?

Edit: Just emailed Bubble support as it has been over an hour and still shows 0%. Tried a different entity and it made it to 8% and has been there for 20 minutes now:

2 Likes

Could be something wrong with your instance. My exports of around 4,000 lines only takes about 2 minutes to receive.

It must be as I’ve never had it work since they made this change. Doesn’t matter what I try to export, it either never emails me, or on the 2 or 3 times it has emailed me it just says:

|### Bubble support@bubble.io|Thu, Jan 9, 12:02 PM (7 days ago)||

to me

|

Hello,

You requested a data export for your app’s All Opportunities (modified) on Thursday, January 9, 2020 4:57 PM, it failed because of an error,

Please retry.

Cheers,

The Bubble Team

Gotcha. It hasn’t been the cleanest feature update. I do wish we could have had the old option for a short time during the transition. But I’m sure there is a reason why it was taken away.

Hey folks,

We’ve been seeing reports of this feature not functioning as expected, and our team is currently investigating those behaviors. If you haven’t already, please do submit a bug report so that we can keep you up to date as we roll out fixes.

1 Like