Error: dynamic data in text box must be printable as text, but instead this is a "type"

Hey Bubblers,

Newbie here. I have a dropdown list in an input page. The dropdown is pulling a list of equipment from a type: Equipment_Master.

My problem is that when I attempt to write the selected equipment value from the dropdown list into a text field in another table, I get the above error: “dynamic data in text box must be printable as text, but instead this is a Equipment Master”.

On the workflow screen, I’m able to properly define all record fields to = non-dropdown inputs but when I try to define the “Unit” field in the record = dropdown list value, the font is red and I can’t figure out what I’ve done wrong.
Screenshot 2023-03-03 1.57.19 PM

The Inspector shows the following message, however, it’s been hours and the input still doesn’t work :
Screenshot 2023-03-03 1.50.54 PM

Been searching and searching but can’t find a solution. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi there, @LocoMoco… based on your description of the issue and your other post about this dropdown, are you able to set the Unit field equal to Dropdown Unit's value's Unit by clicking the More… link after Dropdown Unit's value?

Best…
Mike

Well, I feel like an idiot but the “value” choice was not there for the longest time. The options offered were everything but “value” for some strange reason.

It works now that I have chosen “value”. Thanks for keeping this Newbie humble.

1 Like